Chapter 19 |:| Explosion!

Alyce pov

I was trembling, i knew that this was going to happen. Ever since the attack on the USJ when Madi recklessly tried to fight the Nomu and ended up in the hospital i knew that she would end right back in from overdoing her quirk. And i said nothing.

Its not like i predicted the future, but it was a thought that had been weighing in the back of my mind, but i shook it off.

What was more infuriating, is all i could do is sit here. Thats it. After the boom, me, Noia and Kim all went rushing to her side, Kim doing her best to heal but the poor thing just doesnt have a strong enough grasp on her quirk to heal such incredible damage—but im certain that she helped. The school nurses rushed to come retrieve her and took her away, but Aizawa didnt let us follow.

"Alyce. Dont forget why youre here. If you keep getting caught up in Madis mess then you'll never stand out. The festival is taking a short break to assess the damages but ultimately, we're going to continue." He had said, placing a hand on my back and guiding me into the waiting room where i was currently slumped in a chair. Noia had returned to the crowd to support me and Kim was collected by Recovery girl, who said she had a task for her, likely healing stuff. But how the hell am i supposed to fight when my friend nearly blew herself and everyone in this stadium to bits?!

Luckily, Bakugo was relatively okay. Well, i didnt think it was lucky, it was his fault in the first place that she ended up the way she did. He got knocked unconscious but other than that, the only other injuries were the ones that Madi had caused during their fight. He was declared the victor and was allowed to move on to the finals.

Right now, Kirishima and TetsuTetsu were finishing their match with an arm wrestle, but i wasnt paying attention.

"Kajiya" spoke a voice.

Wiping a stray tear before it could fall, i turned to see who it was, of course it just had to be him.

"Oh...hi Todoroki."

He came to sit beside me, shuffling the chair and resting his elbows on his knees, staring with his mismatched eyes.

There he waited, clearly giving me an opening to talk about my feelings, i didnt say a word.

With a blink, he looked up at the small TV in the corner, projecting Kirishima and TetsuTetsu. "When theyre done, it'll be our turn"

"...."

"I dont want you to feel bad about the results." He sighed, "I cant afford to go easy on you and-"

"Go easy on me?" I repeated, offence in my tone.

"Well...you know that im at the top of the cl-"

"I dont know what youre trying to get at here. Even if youre at the top of the class with Bakugo Madi and Midoriya, im right behind you. You arent better than me." I glared, standing up.

He got to his feet, "I never said that" he growled, growing irritated, "Im just telling you that i need to prove myself"

"Yeah well so do i!"

"It's different!" He shouted.

That was the first time i'd heard emotion in his voice, as well as the first time he'd raised it at me.

My face crinkled with frustration, "HOW?!! How is it different. We all need to show our skills to the pro's who are watching, we all need to win, you aren't special!" I bursted, Todoroki's body went rigid.

"I NEED TO SHOW HIM THAT I DONT NEED HIS QUIRK!" Todoroki yelled, the emptiness of the room reverberating with his voice.

Confusion entered the mix of anger and anxiety as well as grief for my friend that was all churning and twisting in my stomach—this was too much.