Chapter 25 |:|Internships, Start!

Madi pov

As soon as i was dismissed, i left the office as fast as i could. Heart still pounding, i made my way to the elevator, mind whirling.

I couldnt tell anybody. Not only would i be endangering myself, but my whole family, we could lose everything we've worked so hard for...

"Im back" i mewed, straining against the waiver in my voice, opening my bedroom door.

Alyce was lazily lounging on the bed, her eyes fluttered as she looked up from her phone and sat up. "...how did it go...?" She spoke quietly, looking troubled.

Putting on a smile for her, i sat down and poked her cheek. "Dont look so worried, it went fine...i guess" i sighed. "All Might didnt give him a choice. Either i intern with him or i get expelled.

"Oh...so youre going to do it?" She asked, but her gaze looked...far. Like her mind wasnt completely here.

"Yeah. But in a way, i guess i get to brag to everyone that All Might chose me" i shrugged, trying to think positively.

Alyce tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, she took her glasses off and looked at me with her bare, gleaming irises—a sight which i didnt often get to see.

"Is there anything else?" She leaned in. "Any little details? Like a catch?"

Perhaps i was imagining it, but there was a hint of desperation in her tone. This was hard, i wanted to just spill everything to her, so i wouldnt have to carry this burden alone. I trust her with all my heart, i know that my secret would be safe with her.

But what would she think of me if she knew?

Biting my inner lip, i faked a chuckle, "Nope"

"Because...you know you can tell me if there is, i wouldnt tell anybody" she stated.

"Of course i know that Aly, you know i tell you everything" i tipped my head with a closed-eyed smile. "Seriously, theres nothing to worry about. So long as i make it through this internship, i should be off the hook with the schoolboard." I lied.

I lied.

I lied to my best friend.

As if a knife had been lodged into my heart, i felt the urge to clutch my chest and cry out. To fall to my knees, spill the secret and beg for her forgiveness. But that wasnt an option for me.

Her lip quivered, but quickly changed into hat looked to be a sympathetic smile.

"All right...just making sure."

There was an awkward silence. Possibly the first one we'd ever had, Alyce tried her best to fill it.

"Do you want to know who sent me an offer?" She asked.

"Oh! Yeah sure" i nodded.

"Endeavour"

My mouth gaped wide open, "No way. NO WAY!"

"Yes way!!!" She squealed.

"NO!! I mean no way as in NO WAY can you accept!!! Endeavour may be the second greatest hero in japan, but hes number one at being a huge ass. He probably would try to sell you or- or something!" I argued.

"I think that the number one spot for that should go to your dad." She snorted bitterly, "Anyway, he has the best fire quirk in the country! I bet i could really learn a lot from him"

I looked at her with troubled eyes but conceded nonetheless. "Youre right, but just dont let him push you around!"

Timeskippy~