Chapter 20 |:| Astraphobia!

Bakuhashi Pov

"NO WAY!!"

"Yes way"

"He won and didnt even accept it??? It was literally his entire goal. He got it and is still not happy?? That guys is...something else" i shook my head in disbelief.

Me and Alyce were watching the recordings of the sports festival from her dorm room, so far we'd just seen Todorokis fight with Bakugo in the finals and the awards ceremony, where Bakugo had won first place but had to be chained like an animal to make him sit still.

A new thought hit my brain, "Wait—AH! I missed you and Todorokis match!!! How did that go?!"

Alyce looked up from her phone, still playing the feed from the awards ceremony. Her bedsheets crinkled as she shuffled uncomfortably.

"Well..." she dragged on. "Its wasnt great. It still isnt great."

"Why?? What happened?" I leaned in, eager to hear about what i'd missed.

Her lips pressed into an unsure line and she craned her neck to check to make sure her door was fully closed—for only a hallway separated her and her next door neighbour and any eavesdropping would surely be troublesome.

"Me and Todoroki....got into a fight" She confessed.

My head tipped in confusion, "Well yeah? Thats the point of the match, everyone was fighting"

"No!" She sighed, exasperated. "I mean before the match. We had a fight, a verbal argument. He came in to my waiting room and basically told me that i wasnt good enough to beat him....i was already stressed out because you'd just gotten taken away by the medics and then he says THAT. And then the actual battle was just.....ugh" she shook her head.

"He WHAT??!!" I blew, "How dare he talk to you that way!!! You guys are supposed to be friends!"

"'Friends' would be a bit of an overstatement but...we were really close to being friends. Hell, we have dinner together every night!"

"You havent gone back there have you?"

"No way"

"Good. If he wants to fix it then he'll come to you and apologize, if he doesnt then....well then hes clearly not worth it!" I huffed, crossing my arms.

Alyce nodded along, but after giving it some thought, her expression turned more unsure.

"Technically though...i was the first one to get heated. Maybe...ack, maybe im in the wrong here, i couldve just been overreacting..."

"NO!! Overreacting is a myth made up by salty men" i sneered.

"You just say that because you do it all the time..." She mumbled. "But what if it was an overreaction and by not apologizing first im just making things worse? What if we never make up?"

"Who cares?" I shrugged, "You said it yourself, you werent friends. Maybe he's really just a butthole of a guy and you never noticed until now"

Her brows knit together in confliction. Perhaps i just didnt understand. Though they were not close enough to be considered friends, that didnt make his company any less enjoyable and she already was finding herself missing the usual routine of sending him a recipe, him texting back with a list of ingredients and then later making it into a delicious meal.

Checking the time, i slid off her bed to my feet, "Anywho, whatever you decide, i'll be here" i gave her a wink, "But for now i gotta get ready for work, cya later!" I called.