Chapter 15 |:| Dinner!

//100 reads guys (≧∇≦)//

Alyce pov

I let out a yawn. Monday mornings always sucked. It didnt help that Madi had kept me up all night with her babbling about her new job and getting kidnapped and-....honestly i stopped listening halfway through. As long as she was safe and happy then thats all that really matters.

Looking down at the project outline that was handed out, which i had to look closely at to read due to the dim classroom lighting, i felt another yawn building, which i stifled with my hand.

"Tired?" Todoroki asked from beside me, eyes trained on his paper.

"...yeah, Madi kept me up last night" i laughed softly.

"You've got your hands full with that one"

"Yeah..."

"....."

As we had been many times before, we were thrust into an awkward silence. This time, Todoroki was the one to fill it.

"....You should always be getting eight to ten hours of sleep. If you continue with anything less then you put yourself at risk of fatigue and-"

"Yes yes i know!" I whined, letting my head thump down on my desk, "...you sound like my mom" i muttered.

"Is....she nice?" He asked, turning to look at me.

"Hm?" I lifted my head.

"Your mom....is she nice" he repeated thoughtfully, growing quiet.

"Oh"

My brain went back to all those times i had gushed to her as a child about my dreams of becoming a hero. How i would be the first—out of a quirkless heritage to become a pro.  How i would show everyone that the Kajiya name wasnt just a family of simpletons living a bland, ordinary life. But my aspirations never seemed to resonate with my parents and my mom in particular had her reservations, saying it was too dangerous for just a regular little girl.

But i wasn't regular.

Unlike them i have a quirk.

I suppose i couldnt really blame them, after all, who expects their baby girl to start spewing liquid plasma from her hands. But they couldve at least tried to understand. However, since i got into UA and have stepped closer to achieving my goal, they seem relatively at peace with the fact. Or at least, thats what they've led me to believe.

"Yeah...she can be nice." I answered slowly.

He scanned my expression and looked like he wanted to say more, but he didnt. Instead he turned his attention to the sheet below him.

"This project is supposed to be done in pairs, would you like to work together?" He asked.

The slight damper on my mood was instantly replaced by excitement, "Sure" i smiled.

Who wouldve thought that me and Todoroki would get along so well? I thought at first that he was a show off and honestly kind of weird with his monotone attitude. Not to mention that he just kept stealing my thunder. But there was something about his goofy awkwardness that was too endearing for me to stay mad at. That being said, if he holds me back from showing my skills again, im going to have to have a serious conversation with the guy—not everythings about him!

The day was relatively normal, i went to my other classes, chatted with Noia and Kim at lunch, stayed late at school to study and then headed home to the dorms building where I began the search through my cupboards, "food....food....i have no food. When was the last time i went grocery shopping? Maybe i should go see if Madi wants to go out for- oh! Nevermind!"