Chapter 1 |:| Sludge!

Madi, Alyce, Kim and Noia are your average teenagers, aspiring to be their bests selves and get accepted into UA high. Madi and Alyce strive to be heroes while Noia and Kim want to hone their skills and inventions in the Supporter program at UA.

Madi Bakuhashi pov

  "Wowwwww!! I had no idea that they had this flavour of popsicles at that little corner store, its so yummy" I smiled, taking a bite of the blue treat i had in my hand.

"Madi, theyve had that flavour since like....forever" snorted Alyce, looking up from her phone.

"Oh...."

"Thats okay madi, i always forget that sort of stuff too" smiled Kim.

"Do you? Do you really?" Added Noia

Currently, the four friends were walking home together after a much needed trip to the corner store for snacks, and as usual, everyone was picking on Madi.

"You literally get the same thing every time we go here, how can you forget-"

We were cut off when a series of explosions went off in the alleyway beside us.

"LET...ME....GO!!!" Screeched a voice from the same direction.

My eyes widened and i quickly broke into a sprint, what the hell was going on?? Alyce, Kim and Noia following close behind. As i wheeled into the alley, my blood went cold.

Right in front of me was a small crowd, but you could clearly see the main event. A large
villain—or so it seems, made completely out of a green sludge substance was thrashing violently around. The pro heroes that were 'controlling' the scene, Kamui Woods and Death arms were desperately trying to combat the villain but to no avail.

Everything was on fire, or destroyed, or both, with more explosions spouting from seemingly inside the villain.

"Hey" *pant* "Madi that kind of looks like your quirk" noted Alyce when she caught up, followed closely by Kim and Noia.

Ignoring her, i pushed my way to the front of the crowd, but stopped at the line of water spouting from the Pro Hero, Backdraft. His quirk allowed him to control and create water, this time it was acting as police tape, separating the public from the commotion.

Noia put a hand on my shoulder, squinting at the brightness of one of the fires raging nearby. "Hey, lets get out of here, we can watch the fight on the news but you of all people should know how unpredictable explosion quirks can be—its not safe."

I looked back, Alyce and Kim were still at the back of the crowd, ready to leave. But i had a bad feeling about this whole thing.

"You guys should go, im going to stay and watch. Look, none of the pro's here have quirks suited to this." I said, "What if that...sludge thing hurts someone?"

"Oh and you're going to defeat it? Come on Madi lets just go" pleaded Noia, grasping my forearm and tugging me back.

"KACCHAN!!!" Screamed a voice from the crowd, our heads snapped towards it. A small, scrawny boy with messy green hair ducked under the water line and sprinted onto the scene.

Thats when i saw it, a face within the grime. The explosions were coming from a civilian, trapped inside the sludge villains body.

"KID! DONT!" Shouted Backdraft.

The boy lunged forward and slammed his bookbag right into the villains face, taking the opportunity to get in close and desperately scrape away at the sludge, a feeble attempt to free the boy trapped inside.

"CRAP!"

My arm ripped out of Noias grasp as i slid under the waterline, purposely leaving small scratches and scrapes on my skin.