•Chapter 52•

Althea Cooper

Althea Cooper

4th May 2022

I swear I have never had such a perfect night's sleep in all my life.

I woke up this morning in a cloud.. The warmth of the early morning sun peaking through the blinds to cast the room in a golden hue. The silkiness of the duvet soothes over my skin, lulling me into a sense of serenity as my mind adjusts to being awake. The only thing missing is Harry.

When I turn over I quickly realise that he is nowhere to be seen. The space where he had been laying when I fell asleep is still warm below my fingertips, his scent still lingering in the air as I search the room for any sign of him.

And I swear I was going to look for him when I pulled myself out of the cloud I had been sleeping in, only to get distracted by the abstract view peaking through the cream curtains in front of me. I pull one of the thousand blankets from the edge of the messy bed, pulling it around my half naked body to protect myself from any slight morning chill as I approach the window.

My body is drawn towards the tiny gap, pulling the curtains apart so that the room is pooling with golden sunlight, each flicker of yellow reflecting off the mirrors of the room until I feel like I'm standing in my own glowing ball. Every single part of the room awoke with golden hues.

I lean downwards, my fingers fumbling with the lock until I'm able to pull back the balcony doors allowing the crisp ocean breeze to invade my senses, capturing my mind with its salty freshness.

The soft breeze cascades through the strands of my messy hair, sending welcome chills down my spine as I step forwards into the early morning sunlight.

It can't be any later than 7AM as the sun is just beginning to rise above the horizon, casting golden hues over the crystal blue sea in front of me, each wave reflecting specks of amber in every single direction towards the empty beach below us.

The sky itself is a blanket of yellows and oranges, bright and comforting. With each movement of the sun upwards the sky begins to paint its own picture, the colours forever changing, each shade becoming more beautiful and vibrant than the last.

I cannot believe Harry managed to keep this a secret for so long. If he had brought me here sooner I swear I would have married him right there on the spot. I still would honestly.

The scenery in front of me doesn't even seem real. I didn't know it was possible for the sky to create so many different shades of one seemingly simple colour but right now there appears to be thousands of shades of yellow shining warm rays onto my skin.

This is how I want to wake up every single morning.

I don't know how long I've been sitting here when I hear the sound of shuffling behind me. My mind is so encapsulated by the radiant sunset that I don't even bother to turn around. Not when I hear the bedroom door open, not when I hear the sound of bare feet along the hardwood floor, not even when I hear the creak of the balcony doors right behind my body.