•Chapter 51•

Althea Cooper

Althea Cooper

3rd May 2022

"Are you nervous?" I ask Harry as my hands busy themselves with altering Harry's neck tie to line up perfectly with his pristinely ironed silk shirt.

"Do I look nervous?" Harry queries back, his eyes bouncing rapidly between my own like he can't get them to focus on one specific place.

I finish up the final adjustments of his blue tie, before patting the shoulder of his suit. "Honestly, Sunshine? Yeah. You look like you're absolutely shit scared." I tease with a smirk.

"Perfect." Harry sighs out, glancing at himself in the mirror for what must be the twentieth time since he put this suit on. His hands frantically run through his hair like he's trying to comb out all of his nervous energy. "Because I am. Can't fucking believe Niall got called into an emergency surgery. We're not even at our own hospital." He rants out as he begins to pace the length of the room.

"Okay, stop." I halt him by taking a hold of his shoulders and leading him towards the bed where he sits down with a thump.

"Listen to me, Harry." I say, taking hold of his jaw so that he has no choice but to look directly into my eyes as I'm speaking. "You're going to be perfectly fine. You've given speeches and talks before, right?"

"Well, yeah." He gulps, his eyes boring into mine like he's trying to search my soul for some sort of reassurance. "But this doesn't feel like the same thing. Niall and I agreed that he'd do all the talking. He's the charismatic one. He knows how to charm a crowd. I'm no good at this kind of thing, Thea."

"Nonsense." I stop him, refusing to listen to his self deprecation any longer. "Harry, you need to have a little more faith in yourself. I promise you that you've got this, Sunshine. If you're nervous whilst you're up there I just want you to search for me and stay focused on me, okay? Just pretend that I'm the only person in the room."

He nods between each word. "Yeah, okay, yeah. I can do that."

"Or just picture everyone naked. Isn't that what they say to do?" I ask, hoping to get a bit of a laugh out of him.

Harry scoffs through a laugh, "Oh fuck off. I think I'll stick with the first option."

"Good." I smile at him, leaning down to peck his lips, pulling back before he even gets the chance to deepen it and ruin my lipstick. "Have I told you how proud I am of you?"

"Yeah, Buttercup." He grins, pulling me onto his lap so his arms immediately encompass me in his grip. "About a million times but I'd happily hear it again." He hums against my neck as his lips begin to explore my exposed skin.

"I'm proud of you, Sunshine." I gasp through a breath when he sucks just slightly against my pulse point but enough to send goosebumps running down my spine.