•Chapter 46•

A/N: SURPRISE!! Time to hear from the littlest Cooper <33

Eden Cooper

28th March 2022

"Get off the fucking floor, Jamie." I spit, not so gently kicking the side of the sorry excuse for a man slumped against the wall.

To absolutely no one's surprise all he bothers to do in response is grunt. Far too fucking loudly for my liking. If he makes any more noise there's not going to be a chance in hell that I'll be able to get him out of here without anyone noticing the state he's in.

Wouldn't want to ruin his reputation like that now, would we?

"Jamie!" I bark through gritted teeth, leaning down so my face is directly in his eyeline. His head rolls sideways to make direct eye contact with me, a wicked grin creeping its way onto his face when he realises who is in front of him.

His smirk grows, turning his head to spit a mouthful of blood on the floorboards at the side of him. "If it isn't the better Cooper sister." Jamie snarks, his teeth still painted in the scarlet liquid.

"If I'm the better Cooper then why the fuck can't you leave my sister alone?" I query with raised eyebrows. I don't even give him the chance to answer before I'm bursting out with my own response. "Oh that's right. Because you're a pathetic excuse of a man who's jealous that my sister finally did better for herself than your sorry ass." I spit, smirking as his face turns sour with rage.

"Now get the fuck up. Or do you want to ruin your reputation tonight as well as getting your face kicked in." I demand, my arms crossed over my chest as I impatiently wait for him to get a move on.

That seems to jolt him straight back to life because as I finish my sentence, Jamie practically springs to his feet, albeit having to death grip the wall to remain stable. Like a newborn giraffe trying to find their balance for the first time. If the giraffe was ugly. And wearing a boring ass grey suit.

"I thought so." I hum, watching him with disdain. "That's the only thing you really care about isn't Jamie?"

"Fuck off, Eden." He spits, as his hands frantically alter the edge of his suit like it would be possible to make himself look presentable in this moment. "What would you fucking know? You're just a stupid kid."

I can't help but laugh at his choice of words. He seriously has no fucking clue about what I'm capable of.

My entire life I've been overlooked. By my parents. My teachers. Friends. Family. Even Jamie only ever thought of me as some weak little child.

The only person that ever saw me for who I truly am and what I truly deserve is Thea and I'm about to make sure that everyone else learns it too.

"You say that, Jamie." I begin, sauntering around his mess of a stature. "But I'm the one who got into Med school. I'm the one that's going to become a surgeon and what are you going to do for the rest of your life? Hmm?"