•Chapter 32•

Althea Cooper

Althea Cooper

14th January 2022

"Harry." I softly whisper into the head of curls that is laying against my chest. He's still fast asleep despite the fact that his alarm has been blaring for the last ten minutes. It probably hasn't been helping that the entire time I've been running my fingertips through his soft curls every time he even slightly stirs.

It's nice to see him actually getting rest for once. It's very rare to see me awake before Harry. He's the last one to fall asleep at night and the first one to wake up in the morning. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've actually seen him in a deep sleep and although he's told me not to worry about it a million times, it still scares me how little sleep he can function on.

As much as I'd love to just let him sleep and let his mind finally relax, I know he has a shift today that he doesn't want to be late for so reluctantly I try again. This time removing my hand from his curls and gently stroking his cheek instead.

"Harry. Come on. You need to wake up." I speak a little louder causing his body to stir slightly. Instinctively his body curls further into me, his legs intertwining with my own under the duvet as his head nestles into my chest.

"Harry!" I laugh at his sleepiness.

A finger slips from around my waist and reaches upwards to my lips, "Sshh, Buttercup. I'm trying to sleep." His groggy voice speaks for the first time this morning.

"Yeah I can see that but your alarm's been ringing for the last fifteen minutes." I laugh lightly.

"Fuck!" He groans into my chest, before lazily stretching out his limbs to wake himself up. "How long did I sleep for?"

Glancing at the clock I answer him. "I don't know actually. What time did you fall asleep?"

"I don't know but it wasn't long after you. Maybe half an hour, forty five minutes." He shrugs as a yawn slips through his lips.

"Oh." I say with surprise. "Then you slept for a good eight hours."

"What the fuck?" Harry shouts. "There's no way. I just had a normal nights sleep?"

"Apparently so." I hum as I slide out of the duvet.

"Well fuck me." He sighs in astonishment.

"Too early for that." I jokingly tease before sneaking off to the bathroom. When I take a quick glance back at Harry to see his reaction I cackle when I see him sitting there with an unimpressed expression and his middle finger pointing in my direction.

A few minutes later, Harry joins me in the bathroom just as I had begun brushing my teeth. He picks up his pink toothbrush and joins me, neither of us saying a word as we get ready for the day.

This has kind of become a bit of a routine with Harry and I. We wake up in each other's houses. We laugh and joke and cuddle in bed before waking up and getting ready for the day. The same goes for the night. We get home. We talk. We undress for the day and shower and we go to bed wrapped up in each other's arms.