•Chapter 14•

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

August 10th 2001...

The summer sun is shining so brightly today that I'm beyond thankful that Mum and Dad forced Everly and I to wear these silly little bucket hats and sunglasses.

We're at the beach.

Everly and I have spent the last two hours chasing each other around in the sand and having sand castle competitions with Dad. It's the middle of the summer holidays which means Everly and I haven't had to go to school in over a month now. All we've been doing is playing in the sunshine and making a mess of the kitchen baking with Mum.

It's a special day today though and that means Beach Day!

"Harry munchkin, why aren't you building sandcastles with your Dad and Evie?" Mum asks as she softly brushes the stray curls that are hanging out of my bucket hat from my face.

"I'm too hot Mumma so I came and sat with you!" I answer, looking up to meet my mum's glowing green eyes.

"Oh well that's okay munchkin. Why don't we go and get some ice creams whilst your Dad and Evie finish up with their masterpieces?" She suggests.

"Yay I love ice cream. Can I get chocolate flavour?" I giddily ask.

"Course you can munchkin. Anything you want!"

"And strawberry for Evie?" I curiously question, tilting my head up at my mum.

"And strawberry for Evie of course. Up you get then!" Mum says as she stands up, pulling me by my little arms so that I spring up with her into the air, erupting into a fit of giggles.

"Max! Harry and I are just going to get some ice cream. We'll be back in twenty minutes!" Mum shouts over to Dad who comes running towards us at the sound of her voice.

"What was that Buttercup?" He questions Mum and he brushes his hand over my head as a show of affection.

Mum grins up with him, her smile radiating pure joy as she stares in her husband's eyes, "I said...Harry and I are going to get ice cream. We'll be back soon!"

"Oh okay. Be careful." He speaks to Mum before bending down so he has direct eye contact with me now, "And choose wisely munchkin, got to have the best flavour of ice cream!"

He quickly stands up from his kneeling position, pecking Mum on the forehead, and ruffling my hair, before running back over to Evie to continue building their sand castles, picking her up and swinging her around in a circle before he places her tiny feet back on the ground again.

"Come on then munchkin. Chocolate ice cream for you, Strawberry for Evie, Honeycomb for me and what should we get your Dad?" Mum asks me as she reaches out for my hand to walk us both to the ice cream stand.

"Ummm-" I pause for a minute, trying to think of an idea, before excitedly answering mum, "Daddy likes chocolate like me!"

"He does! So does that mean we're getting chocolate ice cream for Dad too?" She happily responds.