Chapter 29

"𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕥 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖..."
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ "𝕋𝕖𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝔽𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣." ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"So she's already met mom?" I ask Atsuya, my phone up to my ear as I get ready for school, hastily buttoning up my shirt.

"I can hear your judgement." He grumbles, causing my eyes to roll. We're talking about Jina, Atsuya's new girlfriend, apparently she's already made it to meeting our mother which is a feat that even Ochako hasn't achieved just yet.

"No, I'm sure she's great, just... it's mom, y'know?" I sigh, tucking my hair behind my ears as I attempt to hurry off the conversation, stuffing my jacket over my arms before straightening out my skirt.

"It's not like I invited her, she just showed up when mom was there." He levels with me, prompting my head to shake in disapproval. I pull my phone away from my ear, putting it on speaker and throwing it on my bed before I run a hairbrush through my hair.

Recently, I've been taking a heavy and sudden interest in the look of my hair. For no particular reason.

:)

"Well that's your problem. But speaking of problems, can you tell your girl to tell her little sister to leave Bakugou alone?" I mutter out, levelling out the length of my bangs above my eyebrows as I stare to myself in the mirror.

"PFFT—" Atsuya offers me no reply, simply laughing in my face before ending the call, leaving me to stare down at the device blankly.

Take that as a no.

That would be too easy I suppose. Besides, it's not really something that involves Atsuya or Jina. Still, it would've been quicker than whatever's happening as of late.

It's been about a week since Reina practically yelled out from the rooftops that she has a crush on Katsuki. And she hasn't exactly been subtle about it since then. She now even sits with him and his little pals at lunch, he usually gets up and leaves but it seems as if it's starting to grate on him.

I'm not sure what she's doing wrong, the others in his friend-group seem to enjoy her, they always laugh when she tells a joke or something... Not that I've been watching them, heh. But Katsuki doesn't really enjoy anything, so she shouldn't take his disinterest to heart.

Who would do that? Hahaha...

And yes, her hair still fucking glistens.

I sigh to myself, observing my reflection one final time in my mirror before tucking Little Sukuna into bed and taking my leave. I slump my bag over my shoulder, kicking my door behind me.

I've decided that I'm not going to get down about it. I suppose it's nice to have healthy competition, I mean, this probably isn't what people are talking about when they say 'healthy competition' but I'm taking it literally. May the best woman win or whatever. I have no grievances with her, the one I had the problem with was Bakugou.

But then he spat milk in my mouth.

And somehow, that made me feel better?

Huh, I never realised how stupid that sounds when I tell it.

I shrug my shoulders up, pacing down the stairs until I reach the common room, finding Shoto already there waiting for me.