Chapter 12

"𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕥 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖..."
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ "𝕋𝕖𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝔽𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣." ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"Well- hello there..." Ochako sweatdrops as Bakugou and I trudge over to where she and my friends sit in the cafeteria.

"What?" I tilt my head at them, confused by the sudden cloud of consternation that appears around them as they stare up at me... more specifically behind me.

"Bakugou's behind you." Todoroki informs me, seemingly concerned as though I might not be aware of that fact. I raise a brow, a small chuckle falling from my lips as I nod my head.

"I know..." I thin my lips into a line, the silence passing through all of us becoming increasingly awkward.

Deku avoids the aggressive blond's eyes as he slurps his straw, despite the chocolate milk being completely empty, so much so that it begins to create a slurping sound.

I clear my throat. "Can we sit?"

Ochako narrows her eyes at me in confusion before reluctantly nodding. A relieved smile pulls at my lips, I'm grateful that they're trying their best to not make me more embarrassed than I already am.

I attempt to step over to an unoccupied seat, only to have my shirt pulled back. I almost drop the water bottle in my hand, my brows furrow as I turn around to send a dirty look to Bakugou—

"I said I'd sit with you- I didn't agree to play house with your freakshow." He grumbles, glaring at those who surround the table.

I sigh to myself, but don't have a second to rebuttal as Asui had already opened her incredibly honest mouth. "Why did you agree to sit with Amane? That's odd coming from you." She bluntly observes as usual.

I sweat out a nervous laugh, awkward wrinkles appearing around my eyes from how hard I'm forcing out a careless expression. "Don't worry about it. We'll go sit somewhere else." I hum, causing Bakugou to grunt in agreement.

Ochako furrows her brows while staring up at me in confusion. She seems almost upset with me for ditching her... just to sit with Bakugou of all people. And I realise that it's not nice to do so... but I'm not giving this rare opportunity up...

Almost as though we have some sort of telepathic bond- I can literally read her thoughts.

What're you doing?

I send her an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry- I'll let you be player one next time we play mario kart." I assure her quietly. Immediately, her face lights up and she nods furiously. "M'kay! Have fun!" She cheers, now bouncing to herself in satisfaction.

She truly did a 180, suddenly not giving a shit that I'm going to sit with Bakugou anymore...

I sweatdrop, returning my attention to Katsuki. "Guess we're sitting with your freakshow then?" I hum, his eyes glance over to me as a smirk threatens to tug at his lips.

"Damn right."

"What was that about?" Asui mutters to the others around the table as they watch Bakugou and I tread over to his usual table.

Todoroki shrugs "He's been lingering around her quite a bit lately." He replies, uncertain. His head leans down to slump in his hand as he allows his eyes to follow the two of us.