Chapter 7

"𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕥 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖..."
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ "𝕋𝕖𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝔽𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣." ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

I mindlessly hum along to Midoriya's music- he had gracefully offered to share his earphones with me as I attempted to figure out my trigonometry homework. At this point though, it was far too late. It was now the next morning and school was starting in 10 minutes.

Meaning I had 10 minutes to suddenly grow a functioning brain cell. Listen, even if I was smart, this shit wouldn't be easy to understand. Who puts letters next to numbers and then tells you to find x?

WHO IS X???

I grumble to myself, trying to remember what Izuku had told me. Something about a formula that helps you get from A to B. But it doesn't fucking matter anyway, because I score lowest on every test anyway. So Aizawa isn't expecting greatness from me anytime soon.

This ain't gonna happen. I sigh to myself, shoving Izuku's pencil back into the pocket of his backpack.

With a groan, I slump my homework closed, lounging myself back onto the green sofas of the common room, a huff passing my lips.

I raise a brow over at my freckled friend who's anxiously glancing at the clock as each second passed. It's nice, really- that he would offer to help me even though he didn't want to be late.

"I'm giving up." I explain to Deku who brings his hopeful eyes back to me "Huh? Didn't I explain it well enough?" He mutters, his tone laced with worry that he had been the reason for my lack of action.

I display him a grateful grin "Nah don't worry about it- I'm just not good at this, thanks though." I shrug before softly taking his earphone out of my ear and nudging it back to him. The low chatter of students replaces Deku's playlist as I do so.

Didn't take him for an avid Ariana Grande listener... actually- it makes sense.

He nods his head at me in understanding while holding an apologetic expression.

Ochako barrels over to us, stuffing her completed homework into her bag. "You finished it?" Deku questions down to her, she cheeses out a bright smile.

"Yep! Did the last question this morning!" She cheers, shoving a thumbs up in my face.

I nudge her away, furrowing my brows as I imagine the scolding Aizawa's going to give me.

Can't be that bad. One detention is nothing- and there's just no way i'm gonna figure it out anyway.

"You didn't do it, did you?" Ochako deadpans.

"Nah. I did all of it in the five seconds you weren't looking at me." I mock, causing her to roll her eyes as she giggles to herself.

I notice the other students preparing to leave the dorms, all eager and ready for school which only deterred me more.

Who invented homework? I just wanna talk.

I feel an elbow jab into my side as I scuffle up from the sofa.

I glare at Ochako as she retracts her elbow from me "What was that for?" I grumble, she whistles cluelessly while subtly jabbing her eyes over to a tall figure.

Half white and half red hair softly pass my peripheral.

I tilt my head fruitlessly at the cute faced girl who was not so subtly trying to make her ship sail. So persistent...