8. Heer

Kabir Mandhana, my grandpa is my life saver . Someone who has always kept me safe from people like king .

From people who could make me cry ,from people who could break my heart .

He now stays abroad living his retirement life . Several times he visits us and even surprisingly plans trips for me which include visiting him.

I rush down the stairs and a wide smiles comes on his lips as soon as he sees me . I jump into his arms , "it's been so long since I saw my doll "

"Dad, it's been only four months" my dad speaks.

"That's such a long time" I pout pulling away from him . He has slightly Grey hair near his temples and he still looks so handsome .

"I heard you were a little upset" he pinches my nose "I see kiaan is not doing what he took the responsibility of"
"That's absolutely not right" I giggle " you know he's the best. Okay now , what did you get me ?"

"Nothing " he shrugs taking his seat "just your favorite car"

My eyes turn the widest humanly possible "you've got to be kidding me "

"No" he laughs "it must be outside by this time" he checks his wrist watch and I sprint outside.

My eyes land at a brand new crystal lavender Audi and a scream comes out of my mouth.

"Is that MINE ?"

"unfortunately, so many lives will be at risk because of one man who loves his grand daughter way too much" daksh walks past me and I elbow him .
Putting my hands on the car, I run my fingers over it .

"Wishlist check" I smile and take a selfie but suddenly realize that I can't post it . People are mocking me all over the social media .

I head inside but stop in my tracks when I see my face through a window of my dad's car .

"Fuck them" I state and upload the picture .

"I love you" My scream echoes in the hall as grandma laughs "she has gone crazy"

He gives me the keys and I State " can I show it to uncle kiaan and aunt ishani , I won't be late I promise"

"No you can't drive "dad gets up "you'll take a driver"

"I'm okay with that as long as I get to travel in that car "

"And you're just eighteen" daksh adds .

" Fine ,I'll be back soon and call me if aunt Zara arrives" I get my bag, my phone and head straight to the Raghuvanshi Mansion.

I don't want Reyansh to be there but to my dismay, his black car is right there in the driveway . Okay I hope I don't face him .

Once I step on the threshold, I freeze hearing them both .

"Kiaan ! That's not how it's done. Listen to her" Reyansh's mom tells his dad to look at the screen on their kitchen's wall . Some lady explains a cupcake recipe and what's funny is that uncle kiaan is dressed in formals while trying to cook with his wife .

His black kiton pants are dusted with flour and his jacket is lying on the counter .

"You get aside dimwitted little lady, let the perfectionist do it"

She begins laughing out loud and he smiles looking at her face . They are so adorable and the way he looks at her is impossible to find anywhere else . That's the only thing making me still believe in love otherwise I'd say the world is just full of fakesters .

"You're doing it all wrong " she chuckles and he moves her away "you'll stain your dress"

I see that his pricey kiton suit is covered in flour as he says that . I told you , uncle kiaan is a standard and it's a luxury to have him in your life. I even sometimes envy that cute woman who has him .

"So I'll buy myself a new one , you forgot I work"

"Oh yes mam, you can even buy me if you want"

"Where's your price tag Mr Raghuvanshi. I think I really want you"

I can't stop myself from crushing over them.

"You have me for free butterfly" he places his hands on her either sides on the counter "and you know it" as he moves closer she giggles and I clear my throat "Ahem , Ahem. I didn't see anything at all" I walk in and aunt ishani comes out of the kitchen "that's such a sweet surprise having you at home , I heard uncle kabir was to come"

"Yeah, he's at home and aunt Zara will come so you need to be there and I came to show you my first car"

"Really" she walks out and I stroll towards uncle kiaan "I'm sorry uncle"

"Sorry for ?" He asks folding his sleeves.

"For whatever is happening at school and --"

"Is it your fault" he turns towards me and I shake my head .

"Then don't be sorry precious , if it's not your fault what are you ashamed of ? Keep that head high and even if it was your fault , we can change the Principal, the staff and whatever bothers you"

"Thankyou" I pout hugging him and he laughs "don't be upset over stupid things "

I nod and register his words in my mind that I shouldn't be ashamed of things that are not my fault .

Inside the Principal office, once uncle kiaan enters ,everyone leaves their seats including dad . My dad loves my mumma so much that he respects her elder brother as much as she does . Okay even they both get so along so well.

"I'm sorry Mr Raghuvanshi, we had to call you both regarding--"

"Regarding tainting my precious daughter's reputation without having full knowledge of the subject . For making her cry and for thinking the institution is above my family" he places a gun on the table before taking his seat . Straightening his suit jacket he states " stand here Heer , let me deal with these"

I nod and step behind his chair placing my hands on its backrest . I remember how mom told me that the day I was born , uncle kiaan took me into his arms and said " she looks like you crysie and she'll always remain precious to me , my precious daughter"
My eyes turn glassy .

"Mr --Mr Raghuvanshi we h-had evidence"

"So ? You'll rub a stupid blame on my daughter's name?" Dad snarls "do you know who she is ?"

"I'm sorry Mr Mandhana" he shifts his focus to the ground.

Uncle kiaan raises his hand to signal me to leave . I take my bag and step out of the office . I know , now nobody will bother me except a certain girl .

I have to deal with her . Bring everything back on place and go home like nothing ever happened .

My phone rings and I stop to take mumma's call .

"What's the video Heer ?" She sounds angry but dejected too . Thanks to my mumma being super active on social media , she found out . My heart sinks upon knowing that she discovered it all .

"Mom it's--"

"We'll talk once you come home"

Great ! I feel like I'm not living a life but I'm standing on a single leg in a roller-coaster. Placing my phone in my bag, I see Cherry walking towards me .

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•