11. Arin

"A king free life , feels so good" she mumbles inhaling as much air as her lungs can fit .
That makes me laugh as I keep the phone pressed to my ear while the car keeps nearing the palace . My fucking home not sweet home .

"Oh gosh, I was living a nightmare" her voice gets into my ears fading away as she leaves the school's parking area . I too, turn off my phone and place it inside my pocket as the huge matellic doors to prison open for me .

I've been raised in a fucking Royal Palace based at the central location of our kingdom basically. It's difficult to find such rigid and orthodox people outside this area .

I sigh stepping out of the car and the first voice that gets into my ears belongs to a horse. There are about three dozen horses at our palace which is surrounded by a vast spread garden . The boundary walls are huge and all you can see from the window of a room or from terrace is deep , dark forest.

As far as the vision goes , the land belongs to Agnihotris. Right now , the head of which is Ragini Agnihotri, my step mother.

I stroll inside the hall while workers bow and greet me at every step . Everything about this place suffocates me and so Reyansh is my liberation. He's my fucking soul .

I could have lost my mind entirely if it hadn't been for him but that doesn't change the fact that he's all about destruction .

"Mr Arin Agnihotri" I hear the lady's voice and the tapping of her heels as she walks down the enormous staircase.

"Whay kind of an irresponsible Heir are you ? You are the rightful owner as they say, aren't you "

"Yes" unfortunately.

"SO THEN WHY AREN'T YOU AT THE PALACE" her voice echoes around us .

"Because I don't want to"

"Is that how a king is supposed to be handling his Empire ? Is that how you rule ? Is that how you maintain the dignity of this palace? You father's legacy"
I clench my fist as my hand itches to go for the gun untill I hear a sudden intrusion.

"Let it be aunt Ragini . Everything is fine here . Let him have fun in his life" my cousin KB struts in . He's around fifteen currently and is the only sane person walking around this palace .

"Khwab" she declares "is that how you both plan to be future kings . One wants to have fun and the other " she gives me a black look "has fallen in love with a girl dressed in shorter clothes than this" she signals with her forearm . A smirk comes on her lips as she sees my shocked expressions "you thought I won't know ?"

"That's rubbish" I try my best to distract her so that she keeps her paws off the girl.

She scoffs "better if it stays that way because the palace will never accept ---"

"It's okay my queen , he said there's nothing like that" he utters.

She walks away while he grabs my arm "what did she just say ? You know what that means right?" He whisper yells but suddenly I hear a loud bang . We rush towards Yuvraj's room.

"He lied! He's a cheater . I will never forgive him " I hear him scream as he slams everything on the wall one by one .

"Yuvi stop" Kb grabs his hands but he keeps struggling "Arin said he'll break her heart like she broke mine but he loves her . Leave me, leave"

"That's not true" I cup his face . My step-brother is two years younger than me but has a brain of a child . When his mother took him for an event at The school where she was invited as a chief guest , he somehow saw her and fell for her . On his confession, she being the biggest superscilious , overbearing brat , said

"You think I , out of all will go out with you ? Fuck off brainless idiot " her cries holding on to my cousin .

I take out my phone and play the video for him . He usually tends to forget things but this event has left him a shit level of anxiety .

His breathing slows down and he finally looks at me with happiness .

"You don't love her right , you won't love her"

I shake my head "never"

I leave the room with kb who seems angry "Did you really do that to her ? Are you crazy ! Who knows Yuvi hasn't forgotten things or he hasn't misunderstood ?"

"He said her full name , Heer Mandhana . You think I am a fool and I know her . I've seen her . She doesn't care about people"

"AS IF YOU DO" He barks "you ruined a girl's public image to make your brother happy and that too your best friend's sister"

"And did you see what she did to my brother ? Who gave her the right to humiliate him based on his disability "

"Okay then brother go for it but let me tell you something." He steps closer "you are in no ways better than her and stop lying about not being in love with her "

I clench my jaw "there is no love"

"The bite mark on your lower lip says otherwise" he walks away and I slam my fist in the pillar "Why are you fucking up everything princess . Why the fuck did you have to do that"

From Reyansh to Daksh and from Daksh to uncle Raghuvanshi everyone knows that I've been looking at her like she's the only light since I first saw her . I just wanted to solve things at the palace before claiming her but then she had to fuck everything up .

I stroll out of the palace and take my horse to the lake. Once I reach there , I lay down and turn on my phone .

My current wallpaper is a picture of her hands I secretly took because she has the most delicate , prettiest hands on earth and when she tries to hurt me with her pretty nails , it instantly turns me on .I can't remove it from there. I just can't.
I won't lie but it wasn't difficult for me when I had to break her heart because I'm a cold hearted bastard . Once I did break her heart, it was fucking dismal. Everything was dark and gloomy .

The tears rolling down those eyes made my heart wince in pain for the first time in life but she fucking deserved it .

I will do it all over again if it's for the guy who has already been unfairly treated by fate .

A person like her doesn't deserve to be happy even if my heart beats for that one .

My phone suddenly rings with a call from Reyansh.

"Already missing me ?"

"No asshole , I have news . Congratu-fucking-lations"

"Did she do any---"

"No she didn't . I'll tell you once you agree to gift me your horse"

That makes me laugh "it depends on the news"

"So motherfucker, you fucking fucked up "

"What" I sit up straight.

"Heer has never met your step-bro . On the day of event she was locked in school's washroom. I've sent you the entire footage outside the rest room . You can check the time . "

"Are you sure ?"

"I told you king, she can be mean but she would never go to that level . Something like that is expected from me" he chuckles before hanging up .

I look through the footage and she's there .

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

"Queen's order , no leaving town for six months" kb smirks .

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•