Adventurers

An intense battle was unfolding.

Three individuals locked eyes with unwavering determination, their readiness palpable.

The atmosphere was so dense that its tension could be felt a mile away.

Shear~

A shearing noise cut through the air.

And then,

Flash

FWIP

"Ah, Hey!?"

A sudden, lightning-fast movement.

With that, a man swiftly snatched a piece of... meat that was ready to be savored.

"That's not fair, Gido! That piece of meat was mine!!"

Yes.

The intense showdown revolved around who would get to savor the meat first.

"The table is a battlefield, my dear Eren!"

I mean, I knew they were idiots, but 'this much,' seriously guys?? What the hell are you even doing??

They were a rather greedy bunch on top of that.

The man who took away the meat piece had a bandana on his head, and he was a thief.

No, no, I meant it. Literally.

Now, let's take it from the very beginning, shall we?

These three idiots were called adventurers. Yes, those guys. Like if you don't know about them, what are you even doing with your life? Have you been living under a rock or something?

Anyways, among the different types of adventurers, this guy had the role of the thief. If you know what I mean. Anyways, his name is Gido.

And the one complaining after her meat piece was stolen is a female adventurer and a sorcerer. Her name is Eren. A slender, pretty, and cute blonde.

Well, she doesn't hold a candle in front of Shizu, though.

Speaking of blondes, there is still a blonde remaining who is still greedily staring at the remaining pieces of meat.

This is the same guy who has been getting (or trying to get) all handsy with Shizu as well. Despite his stupid looks, he was a fighter it seems, although I have no idea how. His name is Kaval. And along with him, these three were the idiot trio adventurers.

"Hmph! Fine. I'll take Kaval's then."

Snatch!

After saying so, Eren snatches the piece of meat that the blondie guy was looking at while drooling, which obviously angers him.

"Aarrrghhh! The meaty morsel I painstakingly seared for myself."

Sigh. What a noisy bunch.

"You guys are quite noisy, ain't ya?"

While I was thinking that, someone called me.

"Oh, Mr. Slime."

"Hmm."

Oh, Look what we have here.

The one who called me was none other than Shizu. The last and temporary member of the group.

"Why are you touching that burning hot plate?"

Huh? Hot plate?

What is she talking about?

And after looking down, I finally realized I was touching the hot plate they were shearing the meat on.

Szzzzz

Screech!

I hurriedly moved myself away from the plate. I hadn't even noticed I was touching it.

Ooooff. That was a close one.

"I could have melted myself there."

"The fact you didn't..... notice suggests that maybe you have a Resistance to Heat."

"Resistance?"

"Those who are from the another world are granted the kind of power they yearned for. Sometimes they are skills and sometimes they are resistance."

<The Individual named Rimuru Tempest Possesses resistance to Thermal Fluctuation.>

Ah, I see.

"In my last life, I got stabbed to death."

!!?

"First, my back felt hot, then I began to feel cold as the blood drained from my body. I bet that was how I ended up with this resistance."

Along with my other skills as well, huh.

"I see... That must have been terrible."

"I suppose."

Munch. Munch.

How is she even eating with that mask on?

That in itself is a mystery.

Putting aside the noisy bunch who were still fighting for the meat, I asked Shizu about her story.

"Don't you have a similar story of your own, Shizu?"

"I saw you using fire in that battle against the monsters. Was that a power you yearned for when you came here?"

Silence~

".....No, It wasn't."

Uh-Oh. I stepped on a landmine, didn't I?. Me and my big stupid mouth.

I wanted to change the topic ASAP, but it seems the deed has already been done, and she had no intention of shying away from the said topic, so she continued.

"These flames are a curse to me."

***

Author/n: Back to the main story but not for long.