Intermission II

A deep space, cold and crushing in its vast emptiness.

Not a sound stirred in the blackness.

This place was truly befitting of the name, Abyss.

In the Abyss, a blob floated aimlessly, oblivious to the shifts in the dark sea around it. Strange colors swirled beneath its translucent skin.

Upon closer look, one could see the blob was a being called Slime.

But then...

Crack!

Boooom!

Without warning, a crackling tore through the silence, thundering and reverberating endlessly. The abyss flickered with bursts of blinding light, yet even this turmoil could not fully rouse the slime from its stupor.

Still drowsy, the slime could do nothing but stare blankly at the enormous, jagged crack now slicing through the once seamless darkness before it.

The slime was bewildered.

A crack?

How was this possible?

But those were the fleeting thoughts it could muster as it teetered on the brink of losing consciousness.

The thunderous sound from earlier had been the result of space itself cracking.

Amidst the chaotic scene unfolding before it, the slime puzzled over a crucial clue, which only deepened its confusion.

He could see the crack in front of him, a revelation that seemed to confirm he wasn't trapped in a dream. After all, his ability to perceive the world relied on his skill, Magic Sense, something beyond the realm of dreams.

But was it really that simple?

Not likely...

This world was an enigma, filled with countless unknowns. A few clues wouldn't unravel its mysteries.

In the present, the Abyss itself was one of these unknowns.

Merely seeing things through a skill didn't necessarily provide definitive answers at the moment.

So, where was this place?

The slime pondered the location of this place.

But before long, that question transformed into something quite different.

From the crack, an intense light began to spill out, illuminating the abyss.

The light drew nearer and nearer, its brilliance steadily intensifying as it spilled from the crack in space, like a radiant cascade within the otherwise inky abyss.

As it approached the slime, the form within the light gradually became more distinct. With each inch it closed, the figure took on the appearance of a slender and petite human-like being, emerging from the luminescence.

The mouth of the human figure moved slowly.

She appeared to be attempting to convey a message, but he couldn't interpret her words.

"#%$&@ %&@$#@"

The slime pondered what she was trying to convey, and then, all of a sudden, her next words reached him.

"Am I not allowed to say that to him? Have I come too far behind? But *^%#&%@ &*%*& this to him"

The slime was taken aback by the sudden and enigmatic voice emanating from the light.