Immigrants

Although there was a faint leak of aura that I couldn't conceal as my control wasn't as nearly as good as Hiiro but still no average monster or Human can detect it.

And speaking of which, I was quite surprised that someone as formidable as Hero-King Gazel from the Dwarven Kingdom hadn't questioned me about my strength and simply ignored it.

I mean, I'm pretty sure he knew about it. And I was certain that someone would soon arrive to monitor me covertly.

How could I be so sure of it? Well, I would have done the same if I were in Gazel's position as well.

Isn't that right, Great Sage?

<Answer: Your deduction is fairly accurate.>

You see?

Now putting that aside...

This situation raised more questions then.

These goblins were nowhere near the King Gazel's level of power, so they shouldn't have been able to sense my aura. So, why were they showing me such respect, especially considering that they had never even seen me before in their lives?

Did they find out that I was the ruler of this village from someone? Or...

The answer was probably quite simple, but I didn't want to make any assumptions. I decided to wait until I reached the village, where Rigurd and his fellow hobgoblins were eagerly awaiting my return.

They cheered and welcomed me wholeheartedly, but not all of them could come since most were occupied with village tasks.

But Is it just me or does Rigurd looks like he has aged by few years?

Hopefully.. It's Just my imagination.

After exchanging a few greetings and entrusting the dwarves to the care of the hobgoblins, I moved into a small makeshift structure, more like a tent, accompanied by Rigurd. It was there that I intended to hear the reports about the village's current situation and the changes.

***

The report I received aligned with what I had expected based on my observations of the goblins outside. Three days after my departure, a large group of goblins had suddenly appeared on the outskirts of the village, seeking refuge because this place had a Ruler who could protect them.

This was quite a common occurrence.

However, Hiiro had taken action swiftly because of the commotion and nearly frightened them to death.

No Wonder, Rigurd looked like that...

It seemed that he was still upset about the incident with Ranga during that time. Therefore, when the goblins suddenly appeared outside the village, Rigurd feared that this would further stoke Hiiro's anger, potentially escalating into a worst-case scenario due to Hiiro's wrath.

Well, I didn't need to wait for Rigurd to finish the entire story to discern what had unfolded thereafter.

The lazy brat had become quite the actor.

That was my initial impression upon hearing from Rigurd.

I was certain that he could have controlled his aura, regardless of whether it was because me taking away Ranga or the sudden appearance of the Goblins, He likely maintained it to ensure that the goblins seeking refuge were sincere and possessed the determination to face the dangers that lay ahead.

It was exactly what I would have done as well. Testing their Will.

Hiiro didn't accept them into the village out of sympathy or similar reasons. If he wanted to, He could have done so without needing my permission, as I considered him to be in a position similar to mine.

Instead, he must have made that decision not only to reinforce the hierarchy of the village but also to figure out the next steps because sustaining a group of 500 in our current location was impractical for various reasons, including the overall area of the village. These considerations were likely taken into account while he was making that decision, but I still feel like I am missing something...

Considering his personality, he most likely didn't want to deal with the hassle of taking care of the goblins. Just the fact that he was managing the village in my absence was impressive in itself, so he probably didn't want to increase his workload and left all the heavy work to me.

That lazy blob of a slime.

Well, although he is very and I mean, very lethargic, he was quite dependable when needed, and I was proud of what he had done all by himself when I was not here. Keep in mind that he wasn't even one year old, so his growth was amazing.

It feels like I am watching my own brother grow up. Well, he was my brother.

But, where was he?

I asked Rigur this question as well, but it seemed that Hiiro's whereabouts had been unknown since yesterday.

Weird..

Rigur hadn't gone out to look for him as he had been busy managing village affairs in his absence, which was understandable.

On the side note, There was another missing individual from the village whose presence I couldn't sense: Hikari.