Enter: Hiiro II

"<<From this day forward, my name shall be Veldora Tempest. And you shall have the name 'Rimuru'! You may now call yourself 'Rimuru Tempest'!>>"

It felt like this name was being etched into my soul itself deep within me.

"<<If you have a name, I can bestow it on the little fellow there as well. If you want that is.>>"

A name, huh! let's see. Back in my world, people say color defines the nature and behavior of a person. Hmm, Color. Light. Sun. Scarlet. That's it.

How about Hiiro? It signifies Light, Sun, and the colors.

Saying so to Veldora, I pushed the little fellow who was stiff as a rock in front of me.

"<<Interesting. Very well, I approve. From today onwards, you shall have the name 'Hiiro.' And I grant you permission to call yourself 'Hiiro Tempest,' as you have shown courage and unwavering loyalty to stand beside my sworn friend, Rimuru Tempest.>>"

The moment Veldora said that a cocoon of light enveloped "Hiiro".

"<<He is going through the evolution phase faster than I expected.>>"

According to Veldora, he is evolving into a higher rank of Slime species. It seems I wasn't a normal slime as my species was already higher than his.

<Individual Hiiro has acquired the Intrinsic Skills: 'Self-Regeneration,' 'Absorb,' and 'Dissolve.'.

<Individual Hiiro has evolved into 'Demon Slime.'>

<Extra Skills: 'Magic Sense' and 'Clone' Acquired.>

Woahhh! It seems he is gaining lots of skills. I'm kinda jealous. Why don't I have those?

<Answer: Your species is already Demon Slime. Hence, You have all the 'Intrinsic Skills' along with 'Magic Sense'.>

Ehhh! This is awkward.

<...>

It seems Great Sage has something to say to me.

<Answer: No.>

After a few more seconds, Hiiro emerged from the cocoon. And then.

<<Let's begin.>>"

As he said that, I also activated my Predator Skill.

Alright! Veldora, are you ready to escape the unlimited imprisonment?

"<<Proceed, my friend. I am ready. Don't keep me waiting.>>"

I shall see you soon, Veldora, and when I do, I will have lots of stories to tell you.

Predator swallowed Veldora along with the Unlimited Imprisonment.

<Shall I analyze the Unique Skill "Unlimited Imprisonment"?>

Yes, of course. Take it away, Great Sage.

...

On this day, a great tremor ran throughout the whole world. It was confirmed that Storm Dragon Veldora, a natural disaster in the form of a monster, had vanished.

But the slime who caused the situation was totally unaware of the situation.

...

After I ate Veldora, I started looking around the cave for anything interesting as Hiiro was still unconscious. It seems evolution took quite a bit of time. But after waiting for a few dozen more minutes, I sensed some movement from him.

Is he waking up? He grew some centimeters in diameter but was still smaller than me. I was about 20 cm in diameter, and he was about 15 cm, or about the size of a human head maybe? What is the diameter of a human head, anyways?

As he woke up, he started looking around him. He must be adjusting to the Magic sense he recently acquired. He then slowly turned to me. But he just stared at me without doing anything, so I took it upon myself to take the first step. I should be able to communicate through the mind, as we are of the same species. Even so, it's quite annoying not having vocal cords.

"Let me introduce myself. I'm Rimuru Tempest, and you have been given the name Hiiro Tempest by me and my friend Veldora Tempest, the Storm Dragon. Do you remember?"

Hmm. Did the communication fail? Oh man! I have no other ideas. As I was thinking of other ways.

"..uru"

!?

Was it my imagination? I thought I heard something.

"ri..ru. ...ro. ...dora."

Hoh! Is he trying to communicate back? It seems he is figuring out how it works.

"Do you remember me?"

"....yes."

"What is my name?"

"..rimuru"

"And yours?"

"..hiiro"

"Do you also remember Veldora?"

".....yes"

It seems he has a fully functional consciousness now. Well then, it's time to leave this cave.

"Let's go, Hiiro. We are getting out of this cave."

"...un. okay.."

...

We came across many ores, minerals, herbs, and, most importantly, monsters in the cave. We even saw three humans, one of whom had invisibility skill.

Wow! What a creep! All the peeping a guy could want. Disgusting freak.

I'll have to make friends with him later.

Ugh! I could feel Hiiro slithering away from me with a look of disgust. Come on! I was joking, okay? Fine! A tiny bit of peeping won't hurt anybody, right? Right?

No! You don't have to go that far away from me, you know. I was kidding. I was kidding.

Woah, that look of distrust. I never knew slime were this expressive. Those games are nothing but lies. Go to hell, farming games.