Intuition

Then, he called out to the presence behind us.

"...Hikari, bring me Gobta."

Gobta? Why?

"Understood." Hikari responded without delay and disappeared from her position into thin air, before I could even react.

Woaaahhhh!

How did she do that? That's very impressive!

"How interesting!" I exclaimed. Just a few seconds after Hikari disappeared, I sensed a presence falling from the sky with a distressed cry. But Before I could even properly react, Hikari reappeared in front of us, executed a graceful bow, and effortlessly caught the plummeting figure. She then presented the pitiful presence to Hiiro.

"I have brought him, Sir Hiiro," Hikari announced.

The hapless individual turned out to be none other than Gobta.

Hikari had apparently thrown him with incredible force, as she couldn't bring him along using Shadow Movement. She had arrived here faster than Gobta, who had been falling from the sky, and caught him just in time.

I mean, If she had made even a very slight miscalculation, Gobta would have ended up as a pancake upon impact with the ground.

So, I couldn't help but wonder why Hikari didn't simply use her feet to travel the relatively short distance.

As if, Sensing my question, she glanced at me with a cute and mischievous smile and then..

"Well, I didn't want to make Sir Hiiro wait any longer than necessary," she explained.

So, Hiiro took precedence over everything in her mind, huh-

But, wait a minute there, how did she know what I was thinking? I am pretty sure I hadn't said anything aloud though. Then, how did she...

I looked at her and, again as if she was anticipating my thoughts, she playfully placed her index fingers on her cheeks and flashed me a grin before answering.

"What can I say? Women's intuition."

I couldn't shake the feeling that she was using some sort of skill, possibly mind-reading, but I had no concrete proof.

<Notice: Individual Hikari doesn't possess any mind-reading skills.>

I was taken aback. Then, How did she know what I was thinking back there?

"...That's enough, Hikari," Hiiro interjected. Hikari promptly returned to her standby position after giving us another bow.

Damn. I wanted to know how she did that. But my curiosity was piqued by another matter.

"...This person knows the location of the city where you can find what you are looking for," Hiiro explained, pointing to Gobta, who appeared to be unconscious and foaming at the mouth.

"He was bragging about how he was the only goblin who had ventured outside the jungle and reached a city," Hiiro added.

This information was invaluable indeed.

Typically, goblins didn't dare to venture beyond their territory in the jungle, so the fact that Gobta had not only left the jungle but also reached a city was quite surprising.

"Thanks, Hiiro," I said.

"...Not at all," he replied.

I made a mental note to bring back a nice souvenir for Hiiro as a token of my gratitude. We talked about our fleeting thoughts and other changes that had happened while I was asleep.

After our brief discussion, we headed back to the village. Despite the lack of formalities, the goblins had organized a small feast in my honor. Being fashionably late to my own recovery party wouldn't look very good, so we made our way back to join the celebration.

....

"So, um, to your evolution, and the end of the fighting. A toast. Cheeeee....."

There was an awkward silence, and everyone just stared at me.

".....eeeersss."

Wha?! What are they doing?

"..pftt"

I heard someone snickering behind me. It was probably the blob of slime that was going to get a very powerful flick later.

"Don't just stare at me. Do a toast," I urged them.

Question marks seemed to appear over their heads as they looked puzzled. Finally, Rigurd, as the goblin's representative, spoke up.

"Lord Rimuru, what is this 'toast' you speak of?"

"Huh!? I guess you're not familiar with the custom," I realized.

Ohhh!!! That's why. No wonder, they were leaving me hanging.