Goblin Village

Go to hell, farming games.

Anyways, aside from that, we both gained a few useful skills. I can now mimic any monsters I eat, including their skills. OP, right? I know.

Hiiro gained two new Extra Skills: Thread control and Water control. Both of which are very practical and powerful. I also have similar skills thanks to the monsters I ate. And finally, a Unique Skill: Kingmaker. It's not a combat skill as the name suggests but rather an information-gathering skill for whomever the user of the skill is loyal towards. Quite impressive, if I say so myself.

Also, I can talk now using the glands from the bat monsters.

I noticed this when we were fighting, but Hiiro isn't that skilled at direct combat; he excels more at providing support from a distance or from behind. This might be due to his skills, which resemble what a priest or archer does in a game.

But after trying out a few things, he's become a master of support, so to speak. He's quite protective of me, like a dedicated bodyguard. Well, I don't mind having an escort. And while my cute little bodyguard distracts the monsters for a few seconds by binding them with threads or conjuring water blades, I get the chance to target their weaknesses or even attempt some combination attacks, thanks to Great Sage.

And finally, after weeks of searching, we've found the exit to this massive cave.

....

Goblins.

Weren't they supposed to be those ferocious monsters that go in groups, loot small villages, and so on?

"Please, great sir. Can you hear out our humble request?"

So, why the hell is this Goblin Elder bowing his head in front of me? Sigh!

I just didn't want to cause needless problems by shedding blood, but I never expected them to be so fearful towards me.

After emerging from the cave, we basked in the sunlight for the first time in this life. However, our moment of bliss was suddenly interrupted by a pack of wolves. Surprisingly, they didn't attack us and instead quickly fled. We continued on our way, and a dozen minutes later, we encountered a group of goblins wearing ragtag leather armor and brandishing broken swords. They appeared weak and emaciated.

I couldn't envision losing to them, but they did have the advantage in numbers—30 goblins versus two slimes. Hey, what gives?! I sensed Hiiro doing something behind me through my magic sense. It seemed I didn't even need to move in case the goblins decided to attack us. He was indeed quite dependable.

They were shaking while looking at us and almost seemed scared of me. And then one of the goblins stepped forward and then suddenly knelt in front of me.

!?

"Grag!! Your mightiness...."

Whoa! It can talk. That surprised me. Besides, he was quite lucky. He was one step away from his death. Hiiro had laid invisible steel threads all around us, so if he had moved too close to us, he would have been sliced to pieces without even realizing what happened. Scary!

"...Do you have business beyond this point?"

But still, how come I can comprehend his goblin language? I don't remember taking any goblin language classes or any other language from this world at all for that matter.

<Answer: When sound waves contain messages of personal will, your "Magic Sense" skill converts them into words you can understand. If you vocalize your thoughts, you should be able to converse with them.>

Ahhh, I see. How convenient. I guess I'll try it out.

"NICE TO MEET YOU. I'M RIMURU THE SLIME."

Flinch!

H-Huh! What! All the goblins suddenly kneeled in front of me while shaking their bodies.

"Graaag! Your mightiness! We recognize your unfathomable strength. Please calm your tremendous voice."

I could hear someone saying, "Your voice is too loud," from behind me. It was probably Hiiro. He must have been surprised I suddenly used my voice, as we didn't use voice communication before. Now then!