DireWolves II

After that, I healed all the injured goblins using the elixir I (Great Sage) had made. You might wonder where I got the elixir. Well, it was something I had been using to pass the time and stave off boredom back when we were inside Veldora's cave. That's right—it was made from the grass. According to Great Sage, they were called "Hipokute Herbs," and combining their sap with Magicules would turn them into a healing potion. I had mountains of these herbs inside me, so to test the results, I ingested the goblins and sprayed the healing potion before spitting them out. It proved to be effective, and all their injuries were healed. Although now, there was a misunderstanding that I could resurrect the dead.

Hiiro was busy constructing a fence using whatever wooden spears he could find, reinforcing it further with his Steel threads. Additionally, he set traps outside the village using the invisible and sticky Steel threads. While the fence might have appeared flimsy, it was more than sufficient for my purposes. I hadn't intended to let most of them get this close to the village anyway. This was a precautionary measure in case a few of them managed to bypass me and the traps accidentally.

As the fence and traps took shape, the goblins watched with a mix of awe and gratitude. For them, it was a symbol of newfound hope and protection. The once chaotic village was slowly transforming into a fortified sanctuary, thanks to our combined efforts.

This way, even if a few of them managed to slip past me and the traps accidentally, they would still have to contend with the formidable barrier Hiiro was crafting. It was a multi-layered defense strategy to ensure the safety of the goblins and their village.

When dawn finally arrived, the direwolves made their move.

Their plan had been to attack during the cover of night when the goblins' visibility would be drastically reduced. It was a shrewd strategy, but as the saying goes, "Everything is fair in love and war." And that applied to me as well. If they refused to surrender when I asked politely and chose to shed blood needlessly, then they would face complete annihilation. I always preferred a peaceful resolution through dialogue rather than resorting to unnecessary violence.

But at the end of the day, I'm aware that this sentiment is rooted in my human experiences from my former world. Here, in a world where the strong determine all outcomes, the prospect of peacefully resolving conflicts through mere words often appears unattainable.

In this harsh reality, where might reigns supreme, it's unlikely that I could achieve peaceful resolutions when faced with an opponent of superior strength. It's a stark truth I must accept.

Ideals, when devoid of the power to enforce them, may seem like empty rhetoric, and power, without noble ideals to guide it, can lead to hollowness in one's actions.

"T-They are coming."

A goblin, perched in a tree while scouting, shouted in my direction. I stood at the forefront of the fence, with other goblins safely gathered inside. As always, a blob of slime lingered behind me. Though not as strong as me, it possessed enough power to fend for itself, giving me confidence to entrust my back to it.

In the distance, I spotted a wolf with a distinctive scar over its left eye.

'Dad, that's him. He's the one...'

'Him? The monster emitting that "Incredible" Aura, you encountered?'

'Yes, Dad...'

"Arehh? Isn't that the wolf we encountered after coming out of the cave? Well, whatever."