Chapter 34

I sat down on the couch and covered up with the blanket that was sitting there. "Hey is Erin still here?" I asked Jamie who was standing close to the couch. "Yeah I think so. Let me go check." "Ok." I said watching him walk out of the room. Nicky came and flopped down next to me. "Hi Nicky." I said "Hi. I am so glad you are ok Kenna." She said hugging me tight. "Me too kid me too." I said hugging her back. "I was worried about Uncle Jamie, Mom said he was upset and distraught kind of like when Uncle Joe had died." "I know, I was worried about him too. I knew it bothered him seeing me in that condition." "We were all worried." Frank said walking into the room to sit in his recliner. "We didn't know what the out come was going to be." Frank added. "What did I miss?" Jamie asked walking back into the room. "Oh nothing, just checking on your girl." Frank said smiling through his mustache. 

Jamie sat down next to me putting his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into him. "You and Uncle Jamie are so cute." Nicky said smiling proud of her statement. "You think so?" Erin said walking into the room. "I think so." I said giggling. "You have any comment on that Uncle Jamie?" Nicky asked. "We are cute." He said with a bit of annoyance in his tone. "Nicky grab your things it's getting late, and you have school tomorrow." Erin said. "Fine." Nicky said getting up. Nicky gathered her things and was waiting for Erin to finish talking to Frank. "Bye Kenna." Nicky said giving me a hug. "Bye Nicky." I said hugging her back. "Bye Uncle Jamie." "Bye Nick." He said trying to get comfortable again. "See you guys later." Erin yelled from the entry way. "Bye." I yelled getting up and grabbing something to snack on in the kitchen. 

I walked in and saw Frank sitting at the kitchen table. "Frank?" "Yes Kenna?" "Can I ask you a question?" "Always. What's on your mind?" "Has Jamie always shut down whenever things happen like this? I don't remember him ever getting short tempered with his siblings." I said sitting down. "I think with everything happening today he's trying to process it. You are his girl and he loves you more then anything. Why do you think he shut down?" "He sounded annoyed when Nicky asked him a question earlier. I've never seen him annoyed with his niece or nephews ever. I think Simon has gotten under his skin, and I know it's bothering him, it's bothering me. I feel like I can't be safe in my own home without having Jamie with me at all times." I said staring down at the place mat in front of me. "He will be ok." Frank said with hearing a knock on the door. "I can get it." I said getting up and walking towards the front door.  I opened the door and stood in shock. 

I stood there for a second trying to find the words. "Are you going to say something sweetie?" "Mom what the hell are you doing here? How did you find me ?" I said waiting for Frank or Jamie to come help. "I heard what happened and saw Jamie's chevelle outside so I figured you were here." She said looking at my fore head. "Yeah but I am here to be safe from Mr. Psycho." I said getting annoyed at this point. "Good evening Mandy, anything we can help you with?" Frank said stepping in front of us. "Frank, I was just wondering if I could see my daughter. I heard about what happened and I wanted to make sure she's ok." She said trying to come in. "She's fine, and if you show up here again a quick call to Danny won't end well." Jamie said blocking her way into the house. "Kenna you can't let them do this, I'm your mother." she said pleading. "It's not my house mom, I can't call the shots here." I said from behind Frank and Jamie. "Oh now you Reagan's are keeping me from seeing my kid, I see how it is. Enjoy your new life MaKenna, maybe they will give you a better life since I didn't do a good enough job." She said getting angry.  At this moment Henry had called Danny to come help. "Jamie." I whispered grabbing the back of his shirt. "I'm right here my love." He said stepping back to let Danny through. "Ms.Newton, what do you think you are doing here?" Danny asked. "Trying to see my kid who obviously doesn't want to see me." She said kind of yelling at Danny. I looked at Jamie with tears glossing my eyes. "It's ok babe." He said pulling me into a hug. "You need to leave now. I can't have you harassing her. Especially after you knew Simon was coming to hurt her." Danny said. Mandy put her head down in shame. "You knew didn't you? You knew and didn't bother to stop him." Jamie yelled between Frank and Danny. "I wasn't expecting him to actually hurt her. I just wanted him to scare her." She said not looking at any of them. 

I stepped back in shock I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I felt a hand on my shoulder I looked over to see Henry. "It will be ok Kenna." He said reassuring me. "She had him hurt me." I said my voice trembling. "You had him hurt her?" Jamie said in a low and quiet tone. "I didn't think he would actually do anything to hurt her." She said barley mumbling out that statement. "Danny, get her out of here." "Jamie I didn't mean for him to hurt her." "She could've died, and all you're worried about is whether you meant for him to scare her. He did more then scare her." Jamie said yelling at her once more. "Danny, take over please." Frank said pulling Jamie into the living room. "Ms. Newton you need to leave now." "But can I apologize to her?" "No leave now!" Danny yelled. Little did I know my Simon problem was going to get worse.