Chapter 22

Soon enough it was getting close to 5 which means Jamie should be off here soon. "Hey why don't we head over to grandpa's" Linda said to the boys. They got up and grabbed their coats. "Mom can I ride with Kenna?" Nicky asked Erin. "If it's ok with MaKenna" Erin said looking at me. "Kenna can I pleaseeee ride with you?" Nicky asked. "Sure why not?" I said. We all headed out of Danny and Linda's house. I got in and Nicky and I left. "So Kenna, Uncle Jamie really asked you out last night?" Nicky asked. "Yes he did, well you heard everything I said to him when I told your mom and  Linda." I said answering her. "That's so cute" "Yeah, it was pretty cute." I said pulling up behind Linda.

 We got out and headed into the house."Hey Kenna, good to see you! Where's Jamie?" Henry asked. Hi Henry, its really good to see you too! I don't think hes off yet" I said looking at my phone. "Hey guys." "DAD" Sean and Jack said running to the other room. "Hello everyone" Danny said coming into the kitchen. "Hey pops I'm home" Frank said. "We are just missing one" Henry said as I heard the door open. "Hey I'm here" "UNCLE JAMIE" The boys went running into the other room. I followed after them. "Jamie" I said hugging him.  He picked me up as I wrapped my legs around him. "Jamie, most of the family knows except the boys and Henry." I said looking at him. "I figured they would" He said as he kissed me and put me down.

We walked into the kitchen together. "Ah there he is" Henry said smiling. "I could go for some whiskey right now" Danny said going over to the liquor cabinet. "Jameson whiskey?" Danny asked everyone said yes. "I love Jameson" I blurted out. "The whiskey" I said trying to cover my ass. "And Reagan" Danny said sliding my glass over to me. "What?" Henry asked looking at Jamie and I. "Real smooth" Jamie whispered in my ear. "I didn't mean to" I whispered looking at him. "You guys what are you talking about?" Henry asked. "Jamie and I are together. Now everyone knows. I wanted to wait and announce it at family dinner on Sunday but Danny had to bring it up right now" I said scolding him. Henry sat in shock, I walked out of the room and into the living room. Jamie followed me. "Well the whole family knows Jamie." I said trying to keep myself calm. "That's ok" "What? I figured you want to wait to tell everyone." "Yeah but I'd rather get it out into the open now  rather then in a few days." Jamie said as he hugged me. "You're such a sweetheart" I said looking at him. "I know" "I know you know." I said kissing him.

 We went back into the kitchen and got confronted by Henry. "So you two are finally a thing?" he asked us. "Yeah as of last night it was official, I didn't realize how much you can say after holding your feelings in about someone until you confess it to them" I said. "Finally" Nicky came and sat down. Everyone looked at her. "What? I've been going with the will they won't they. I'm getting tired of it." She said. "Eh fair enough kid, I think we've all been will they won't they. I know dad and pops have." Danny said. "Really?" Jamie asked. "She's a good girl, we've waited since you guys were in high school. You were just to stubborn to admit it. We could all see it." Henry said. "You guys waited a long time for us?" I asked confused. "Yes, we wish he wouldn't have been so stubborn and admitted it before he met Sydney. We would rather have you in the family then Sydney. No offense Jamie. We like this one more." Frank said looking at me and smiling. The boys walked into the room. "What just happened?" Jack asked. "Well Uncle Jamie got the girl we all wanted him to have" Nicky said smiling. "Is it her?" Sean whispered to Jack. "I think so" Jack said. "Well good to know the boys want me around" I said and laughed. 

The next few days ended up being completely normal. Jamie and I worked a same schedule so he got me after my shifts at the hospital. Soon enough here comes Sunday. Reagan family dinner day. Was I scared? Not really, but knowing I was Jamie's girlfriend now sure made it even more tough. I woke up looking at the clock that read 8 o'clock, I rolled over to see a sleeping Jamie. Sure he was facing me but that didn't stop me from cuddling up to him. He woke up after a few minutes of me trying to get close enough to cuddle him. "Good morning love" He said in his sleepy morning voice. "Good morning hun" I said moving closer to him. He soon grabbed me and pulled me back into him. I fell back asleep for a little bit, until I suddenly remembered that I was going over to the Reagan house early to help with the prep for dinner. "Jamie, you need to get up and get ready for church" I said moving away and getting up myself. "Yeah but it don't start until 9" He said rolling over. "I gotta go help prep for dinner, I just need to do some last minute shopping. Linda sent me with a list." I said walking to the bathroom to start the shower.