Chapter 13

I fell sleep listening to his heartbeat it was sort of comforting to me knowing he was there. The night had ended kind of perfectly. All because of Jamie. The flashbacks started to happen, I felt like it was never going to end. I shot up out of my sleep sweating. Jamie woke up "Hey Kenna are you ok?" "Yeah I think so, just a little shaken up I think" I said as I looked at the clock as it read 4:00am, knowing I needed to be up at 6am shift at the hospital and Jamie needed to be up for his 5am shift at the 12. "I'm going to sleep until 5, Jamie get up and get ready to leave" I said laying back down. "I don't have to leave until about 4:45" Jamie said in his sleepy morning voice. "Jamie you take forever to get up and moving in the morning. Go" I said pushing him out of bed.

He went into my bathroom and I heard the shower start. I fell back asleep until I felt Jamie kiss my forehead hoping I was still asleep. "Bye Kenna, love you" Jamie said as he walked out the door. I woke up and saw it was 4:45. I decided to get up and start to get ready for the day. I went and took a shower, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and got dressed. I had my stuff packed in my duffel waiting to change at work. I looked at the clock as it said 5:15 I'd grab Jamie and I breakfast before work. I went to our favorite breakfast place and got our favorite sandwiches and got Eddie something too.

I headed over to the prescient. I walked in and saw Eddie. "Hey Eddie" I said walking over to her. "Oh hey MaKenna" She said as she hugged me. "how are you doing?" She asked. "Good, and this is for you" I said handing her a sandwich. "Oh thanks Kenna" "Of course, hey where's Jamie?" "He's over there. Hey Reagan you got a visitor" She said yelling at him. "Who's here" He asked with his back to us. "I don't know Jamie, who is it?" I said. He turned around and came over and hugged me. "What are you doing here?" He said smiling at me. "I figured you would want breakfast" I said handing him a sandwich. "Thanks love" He said as he hugged me again. My heart skipped a beat when he said that. "Oh yeah anytime Jamie" I said looking up at him then looking at my watch. "Oh shoot I got to go, I don't want to be late. I'm in the ER with Linda today, I'm scared she'll kill me if I'm late" I said giving Jamie one last hug. "Hang on wait Kenna" Jamie said as he leaned in and kissed me. "Love you Kenna, have a good day" "I will now, thanks Jamie. Hey also love you too Reagan" I said and winked as I walked away.

I got in my car and headed over to the hospital. I got into the room with all of our lockers and saw Linda. "Good morning Linda" I said walking in. "Hey Kenna, good morning you ready for today?" She asked coming over to me while I was getting ready. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be Linda" "If you're ready let's go" She said walking out. "I'm ready" I said as I followed her out.

It was slow in the ER. We sat and talked about the family, how she deals with Danny and the two boys, being in the Reagan family. "So Kenna can I ask you a question?" She asked looking at me. "Yeah of course. What's up?" "What's going on between you and Jamie?" "I don't know, why do you ask?" "Erin told me that Nicky saw you and Jamie kissing not to long ago, and then after family dinner she said that Jamie put his hand on your thigh while he was talking to the boys, then came into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around your waist" "I have feelings for Jamie if it's not obvious, and I know he has feelings for me. He acts like we are together but he hasn't told me that yet, It's killing me because I want to be with him. I just don't know how to tell him you know what I mean?"" Yeah we can all tell you guys have feelings for each other, you both just have to get brave and tell each other that you guys feelings for one another." "Linda can I tell you something?" "Of course what is it?" "The past couple days Jamie has been calling me love and he told me he loved me TWICE today" I said looking at Linda. Her jaw dropped. "Honey, he said he loves you?" she said trying to understand. "Yes and I don't know what to do" "You need to tell him you like him" She said as we got interrupted by the EMT'S rushing in with bad news. "We have an officer down from the 12" One of the Emt's said. My heart sank. I was hoping it wasn't Jamie.