Chapter 12

I continued to watch Jamie who had disappeared into the bathroom. I heard my phone ring, Momma Newton appeared on my phone screen, I swallowed my pride and answered. "Hello?" "MaKenna honey are you ok?" My mom said very concerned. "Yeah mom I'm ok, Jamie came and protected me, and some of his buddies from the 12. I'm still a little shook up and Jamie is staying over since I don't feel comfortable enough to stay by myself with your crazy ex following me and breaking into my house constantly" "Honey I'm glad you're ok, I'm sorry about Simon and I'm sorry about what I had said to you earlier today. I didn't mean what I said. I don't know what I was thinking. Do you think you can forgive me?" "I don't know mom. Did you know Simon was going to come over here?""Yes but" "No buts mom. You knew and didn't try to stop him from harassing me. He ALMOST killed me" I said in a snappy tone. "MaKenna please he told me he was coming to apologize to you for earlier. That's what he told me at least." "I can't argue right now mom. I'm tired and just want to sleep." "Ok well sleep well honey I love you and Jamie both" "Ok we love you too" I hung up and put my hand over my face. 

I looked up and saw a shirtless Jamie. "Who was that?" he asked while putting his shirt on. "My mom" "What for?" "To apologize for earlier, and to see if I was ok. Jamie she knew Simon was coming over here" "What?" "Yeah his excuse to her was to apologize." "We both know it's pure bullshit" Jamie said as he came and pulled back the sheets. "I know, trust me I do" I said pulling back my side and getting in. "Well how about we get off this topic and watch tv or something?" Jamie asked while climbing into my bed. "I mean I guess we could" I said trying to relax a little bit. I grabbed my remote and gave it to Jamie. "You pick Jamie. I'm ok with anything" I said looking at him. "Family guy?" He said looking at me. "Yeah that works" I said smiling. I looked at him . "Jamie?" "Yeah?" "I don't if you mind but can I lay next to you?" "You already are" "I know I mean like closer" "You want me to cuddle you? Is that what you are trying to say?" He said and laughed. "Yes" "Well come here" He said holding his arms out for me.

I put my head on his chest. "Jamie, thank you for being here tonight" I said looking up at him. "Anytime, I'm always here for you" Jamie said looking down at me. "Please don't tell Danny about this or your dad" "Why would I?" "Because you guys talk and you guys want me safe but I don't need any special treatment. As long as your here I'll be ok" I said as my phone rung. I looked over and saw who it was Eldest Reagan which would be Danny. "Jameson" I said picking up my phone "Hello Danny." I said glaring at Jamie. "Hey kid Jamie told me what happened are you ok? He also told dad" "Yeah I'm ok, Thanks for checkup Danny!" "Anytime, I just need to make sure my second little sister is ok" "I'm fine Danny, just a little shook up, your brother is here to keep me company" I said elbowing Jamie in the ribs. Jamie looked at me and put his hand on his ribs. "No monkey business." Danny said. "I know, I know." "Ok well I'm gonna let you sleep. Goodnight kid, don't let Jamie bite." "Goodnight Danny, don't worry I won't" I hung up. "JAMESON REAGAN" I said yelling at him. "I'm sorry I figured they should know" He said looking at me. "Jamie, I don't want your brother and your dad to worry. When one of the family is hurt or in trouble you all are there." "Yeah but that's part of being a Reagan" "Jamie, I only need you to keep me safe. Not your brother or your dad, though I appreciate it. I love you Reagan's" "Well we love you too. Some a little more then others" Jamie said as he brought me close and kissed my forehead. "You need to sleep" I said as I listened to his heartbeat. "So do you" he said squeezing me a little bit. "Goodnight Jamie" I said and started to fall asleep. "Goodnight Kenna". He said rolling over towards me so I was extra close to him.