Chapter 62: busy and quiet

Tommy's POV:

Kristin took Techno to therapy and Tubbo and I sat in the car with her. Afterwards, she'd promised to take us all to the park for a picnic. I went to the park with James yesterday, but this time I'd get to go with Tech and Tubs and that was way better.

After Techno had done, he came out and looked like he was crying. But he still wanted to do the picnic which was good because I was scared we might just go home instead. Everyone knows I don't like it when things change, Techno doesn't like it a lot either.

When we got there, Kristin put down the picnic blanket and made me put some sun cream on before I could go to the park.

"Here, stand still," she squirted some into her hands and rubbed it all over my arms. I wasn't very good at not getting the sun cream everywhere and I always wanted to eat it, so I wasn't trusted to do it myself. I went to run off, "nope, I've got to do your other arm, your legs and your face. Stand here and wait, thank you."

I huffed and did as I was asked, letting my brain think about lots of other things to keep my occupied. Tubbo was sat on the picnic blanket putting sun cream on himself and when he saw me looking bored, he got one of my sonic screwdrivers out of his backpack and handed it to me. 

"Thanks." I signed to him and began fidgeting with it.

"Thanks Tubbo," Kristin said, "that was a good idea." 

My brother just nodded in reply and went back to putting sun cream on himself.

And when my own sun cream was finally done, no one could stop me sprinting straight to the play area and up a climbing frame. There was a kid at the bottom that was in the way so I just went past them. I hadn't realised I'd done anything wrong until Techno was stood at the bottom of the climbing frame looking annoyed and telling me to come down.

"I'm so sorry honestly, is he okay?" Techno was asking the adult with the kid, maybe the parent, probably the parent.

"He's okay." The guy said, hugging his kid.

"Tommy, say sorry for pushing the boy over."

I looked up at Techno and squinted. Had I pushed him over? I didn't remember pushing him over. And I didn't mean to? "Tommy, say sorry."

"Sorry." I signed.

The man's face changed very quickly, "is he-?"

Techno didn't let him finish talking. "He's autistic and he's sorry. I'm sorry that he did it but I'm here now and I'll make sure he doesn't do it again." Techno said, taking my hand and walking back to Kristin very quickly. I felt in trouble and I started crying. I didn't want to get shouted at or hit again.

"It's fine," he said, "you're not in trouble. Mum wanted you to wait for her. That's all."

I couldn't help myself from crying. It didn't matter how much I tried to stop.

"Come here," Ma said, giving me a hug.

"He thinks he's in trouble," Techno explained.

"Well he's not in trouble. He just needs to remember to listen. I'll go with you in the park now, okay?"

"NO!" I shouted, still crying and lashing out because everything was too much and I couldn't cope and I didn't know what to do. I dropped to the floor, rolling about on the picnic rug and hitting the floor.

"Tommy, take a breath." Ma said, rubbing my back slowly. It felt nice and calming but my brain was too much.

"Here, why don't you take Zog?" Techno said, putting my dinosaur next to me. I grabbed it, continuing to cry, scream and shout into the picnic rug.