Chapter 13: I'll keep running

Tubbo's POV:

We were in two separate cars, Kristin, Wilbur and I in one; Phil, Techno and Tommy in another. We would technically all fit into the larger one of the cars, but it would result in not a lot of space and probably some kind of fight.

I was apprehensive to leave Tommy when he was having a rough day, but I did trust Phil and Techno. They had done a very good job of looking after him when I was in the hospital and everyone was quick to try and fix the situation. We were close to not all coming, but as we began to get our things together to leave the house, Tommy jumped up, grabbed his trainers and handed them to anyone who would take them. It soon became obvious that either we all went, or no one did.

So now, Wilbur and I were singing along to music (well Wilbur was singing, and I was kind of tapping my fingers and humming a little) whilst Kristin tried to look like she was enjoying it. Still, it was nice. I felt like someone's stupid younger brother and it made me feel okay. 

Once we got to the national trust place, we tried to find parking spaces close to each other and then awkwardly stood around whilst Techno chased Tommy around the car park and Phil tried to find where he'd put the tickets. Wilbur gave me a hug and it made me feel a bit calmer about the whole situation but I knew it just wasn't going to go well. Tommy wasn't going to cope with much, and a place with a lot of people sounded too much like asking for trouble.

"Right, found them, let's get going please people!" I readjusted my grip on the crutch and followed along.

Techno and Tommy eventually joined us, Techno holding both of tommy's hands up and walking behind him. "Everything alright bud?" Kristin asked.

"Yep, we're fine, he's just got a lot of energy."

"Why don't I take over?" She suggested.

"No, I think that might make things worse."

"Alright bud. But you let us know if you need some help. Tommy, same goes for you bud." Tommy squeezed Techno's hands and giggled to himself.

We were queuing to have our tickets scanned at this point and I noticed we were getting stared at. This was completely normal for me and I did my normal 'overly kind smile back' at anyone who I caught the eye of. Wilbur seemed a bit more uncomfortable with it and I realised it wasn't as normal for him. I looked up at him with a smile and tried to comfort him a little: it seemed to work.

Tommy and I hadn't been to a national trust place before but it seemed cool. Just like a proper place for old people and family days out. I kind of hoped we'd visit a few more over the summer. Phil said lots of them had forests and nature walks, which all sounded like something Tommy would enjoy.

"Woah, bit of help!" Techno was holding Tommy away from him and Tommy was baring his teeth, I just hoped he hadn't bit anyone again. I didn't understand it. He never used to bite people; unusual things, sure, but he'd normally try to eat them instead of just chewing. My bite was covered up by the long sleeve t-shirt I was wearing. I wondered whether it was because of everything that had happened, like now the full impact was finally showing but deep down it just worried me.

Phil stepped in and eventually Tommy was sat on top of Phil's shoes (so he wasn't actually sat on the ground, because apparently that meant something), listening to music and playing a game. I made eye contact with Phil and he gave a comforting smile but I didn't believe it.

As the queue moved along, Tommy went back to standing up. Leaning against me so much that I nearly fell over. But hey, he wasn't biting anyone and I deemed that a success.

Wilbur's POV:

We walked around the gardens of the fancy Edwardian (or something like that) house for most the morning and it was really pretty! Tommy listened to his music the whole time but would stop to point at flowers every now and again. I'd been chosen to be the one to hold his hand, mostly because Mum had her arms full with the cool bags and backpacks and Dad was busy making sure that Tubbo wasn't tripping on the gravel. It kept shifting under his crutches and sending him flying. Oh and finally Techno had taken his camera out his backpack and we were all subjected to the camera clicking every 3 seconds.