Chapter 4: Techno's struggles

TW- arguments

Wilbur's POV:

"What are we doing for the last day?"

"The popular kids are all going on the train over to that massive party in the park." Joe said.

"How do you even know about that? You deserting us?!" Mark asked.

"No! I can't think of anything worse. There was just this girl in my history class who wouldn't shut up about it. Wasn't like we were doing much anyway. Mr Michaels had just put horrible histories episodes on, they weren't even related to the course, but she kept asking me if I was going and like topping up her lipstick or lip gloss or whatever."

"No way! Hang on, was it Milly or Grace?" Mark asked again.

"Why do you even care?" I butted in.

"It wasn't either anyway, it was umm Kayla?"

"Oh her! Oh okay." Mark winked at me. It felt like he was telling me an inside joke I wasn't a part of.

"Again, wha does it matter?" I pushed.

"Cause Marks got a crush on one of the girls in her year and he won't tell me who. So now he keeps asking about tonnes of the girls in our year to try and put me off."

"Why am I only finding out about this now?"

"I thought we told you?" I looked to Ash who rolled his eyes and laughed, yea maybe I was better missing this out.

"Anyway, what are we doing for the last day of school?"

"I don't know, could just hang around in town for a bit?"

"I could ask my parents about you lot coming over?" I suggested, which had been the whole point of the conversation.

"Sounds good to me."

"Okay, I'll text the family chat now, I literally saw Dad earlier."

"Oh yea, Tommy came into our art class earlier." Ash said, quietly. "Your Dad waved at me and it was kind of funny."

"Yea Tommy was today, Tubbo is in tomorrow, I've been pestering for Dad to come to our science class when they're in."

"That'd be funny."

"Don't! You know how it's going to be next year, we'll be walking around school waving at all 3 of my brothers."

"See that sounds fun!" Mark protested.

"It doesn't." I mumbled.

"See, I think it'd be fun having siblings, and you've got cool siblings!" Joe protested.

"Yea, I mean my older sister sucks, I'm so glad she's at uni now. But your brothers are pretty cool. Like you can play videogames with them and Techno will be able to drive you around soon."

"Mhm." I sighed and bit into my sandwich.

"What? Family troubles?" Joe asked, picking at his slice of greasy 'pizza' from the school canteen.

"Nah, just kind of weird to think how I've just got 2 more brothers now. Like, within a few weeks."

"Hasn't it been a few months now?" He asked.

"Yea, just I'm lucky I guess."

"I would think so, being an only child sucks sometimes." Ash nodded, agreeing with Joe's point.

"Yea, I mean when my sister comes back to the holidays, she takes me to the cinema, and it's kind of nice. I mean she's annoying, and hearing her kick her football around the garden does my head in. But then she brings her guitar round and we jam together."