Chapter 52: WCMX

Tubbo's POV:

I double-checked my backpack again and slung it on the back of my wheelchair. Phil said the organisers would have everything I could possibly need but I had realised that having my phone, earphones and pain relief in a backpack wherever I went was way easier. I used to have to take everything I could possibly need for a day out with Tommy in my school backpack or pockets wherever I went. When I talked to Scar about it, he helped me realise that the security of having everything I could need with me, made me feel calmer. So I'd started doing it.

Wheeling myself out into the hallway, I opened the shoe cupboard and looked for a pair. I had no clue what to wear. I'd put tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie on but now I couldn't work out what shoes to put on. Like I wasn't going to be doing much walking because it was wheelchair BMX (or WCMX as it was actually called) so the shoes didn't really matter but I was just really nervous and suddenly it felt like the shoes definitely mattered.

"Those ones." Techno said, pointing at my pair of everyday trainers. "They're comfy right?" I nodded. "Then that's all you need."

I nodded and smiled up at him. He smiled back, ruffled my hair, killed himself laughing and then walked off. It was nice to see Techno back to his normal self.

"Alright mate," Phil said, appearing practically out of nowhere, "you ready to go?" I nodded. "Cool, let me grab my phone and then we'll get going." I nodded, again; I did a lot of nodding nowadays. It had sort of become my main method of communication.

I opened the front door, hoping that by the time I'd got myself to the car, Phil would be ready to go. Deep down, I knew he wouldn't be. He would need to say goodbye to Wilbur, Kristin and Tommy in the garden first. And then try and find Techno who was probably in his room playing minecraft.

I went out there anyway. It was warm enough with my hoodie on and had been a nice day. We'd all mostly spent it out in the garden. Playing games, eating and just enjoying time together as a family. I even got back jumping on the trampoline again. Just a little bit, being careful not to stab anyone's foot with my crutches. It was fun. Yea today had just been fun. Hopefully now it would get even better.

"Sorry mate!" Phil said, rushing out the house and fumbling with the car keys.

"It-it-it-it's al-right." I said, in the way I had been perfecting recently and was very proud of. Pushing the words out using my breath. It made communication a lot easier. But ultimately, even before that night, I learned that not talking wasn't a bad way to live life. 

I got into the front seat, and Phil handed me my crutches (which he'd picked up from just inside the hallway after opening the car) and I placed them beside me.

"Hang out mate, let's stick them in the boot too and then you've got space for your backpack." I swapped the two over and tried to hold back my laughter as Phil went running for my wheelchair that was rolling down the driveway.

"At least some one finds me funny," he said with a laugh, getting into the drivers seat. "Oh for god's sake," he grunted, immediately getting back out of the car to open the gate. Normally he'd get whoever was in the passenger seat to do it, but of course, I couldn't.

Time skip:

I was a lot more nervous than I expected to be as I wheeled myself inside the indoor skate park. I was playing my music in the car on the way here and just sort of let myself forget about it. But now it was here and right in front of me. There was no way of forgetting about it now.

"Over here I think," Phil said, pointing with my crutches in the direction of what looked like a sign in desk. 

The place wasn't that busy. There was an older lady with bright purple hair setting herself up on a ramp over in the far corner and a few people (who looked like staff) milling about. I got a bit of surprise when I looked around to see the guy behind the desk in a wheelchair doing wheelies without any effort whilst he spoke to Phil. "Alright there?" He said, looking at me. I gulped and nodded. I don't know what it was but I think I was a bit shocked. I spent a while hating my wheelchair and now I was getting a bit more used to it. But the concept of being so in tune with it that I could do wheelies was huge. I wasn't sure how to feel.