24

You made it to the atrium, and got settled on the edge of the group of employees that were standing in front of the stage. They HAD meeting rooms, but management found it was easier to catch the entire staff up to speed if they had one big meeting in one of the largest rooms in the building. And, boy were there a LOT of people there. If it wasn't the entire staff, then it was definitely most. You just hoped Dave didn't manage to sneak up next to you.

"Are you (Y/N)?" came a male voice nearby. You turned to see a male employee standing next to you.

"Yeah? Who's asking?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm Adam, one of the Security Staff. And don't worry, I'm a very TRUSTWORTHY person." He said, winking at you. You looked at him in surprise for a moment, before smiling at him. So he was one of Mr. Selik's Trustworthies.

"Is that so? I've been told the same thing, you know?" You said, winking back.

"I know. A lot of us know, in fact, and I just wanted to thank you on all of our parts. We're really looking forward to some of the changes you're going to bring to this place." He said, keeping it subtle.

"I'm more than happy to do my part. I just wish I was here earlier to prevent some of the messes we find ourselves in right now." You reciprocated.

"You're here now, and you're doing what you can. That's all that matters. Oh, and before I forget, I found these in the lost and found. They wouldn't happen to be yours, by any chance?" He asked, holding out your van keys. They must've already loaded Bonnie into your van. They worked fast.

"Yeah, I lost them this morning. Thank you. I don't know how I would've gotten home without them." You smiled, taking them back, and putting them into your pocket.

"Don't mention it. If you need help with anything at all, Mr. Selik isn't the only one willing to help. Me and the others are willing to contribute in any way we can." Adam said, giving you a thumbs up.

"I'll keep that in mind." You returned the gesture. Before either of you could say anything else, Mr. Selik made his way onto the stage, mike in hand.

"Can I have your attention, please." he said, silencing the chatter. Everyone turned to the big manager, and gave him their undivided attention, some albeit reluctantly.

"Thank you. Now I know it's been kind of a long wait, but we're finally fit to return to business!" He cheered, and the group of employees remained silent in his attempt to pump them up.

"Anyways, welcome back, everyone. And welcome period to some new faces I've hired over the week to replace some of the staff that quit over our most recent debacle. As you all know, today isn't a normal work day. We're all here to help get ready for our return to business tomorrow. Once you've gotten your work area ready you are free to go home." There were a few happy murmurs at that announcement.

"But before any of you can get started on that, each department is going to have its own smaller staff meeting with the manager of that area. There are to be some small changes in how each department is ran, including one big one for Parts and Service." This caused some to talk to each other in confusion.

"While we were gone, there had been an incident with the Head Mechanic, Ms. Odwell, and HR forced her to retire. This, of course, left the managerial spot unfilled. Well, unfilled until this morning, that is. So, without further ado, I want to welcome the new Head Mechanic, (Y/N) (L/N)!" He announced, and the reaction was mixed.

Some people cheered while there was one very angry "WHAT" somewhere in the center of the group. Mr. Selik gestured for you to get up on stage, and Adam lightly tapped your back in encouragement. You got up there, and waved to the crowd. A lot of people gave you thumbs up with a wink, and that told you they were also Trustworthies. The people from your department, however, ranged from indifferent to down right murderous.