The Radio Tower

The Radio Tower
Byler || 660wc || fluff

The sky was dark and filled with clouds, everyone was asleep already. It was Mike's turn to keep look out, God he's going to be exhausted tomorrow, he always was. He kind of liked doing this though, it gave him time to think.. he hadn't had that in a, really long time. Maybe since this started? It was lonely though. Sitting on top of the radio tower with only his thoughts and Hopper's gun.

Sometimes, just sometimes, Will would join him. Join him with a cigarette he stole from Joyce between his lips, never talking a lot. Mike asked why he started smoking, he used to hate it, but he just said it helped him relax. Maybe it did, but Mike never joined him. Tonight Will came, like usually, with a cigarette between his lips, taking a seat next to Mike and lightning it up.

"Hey, how's it going so far?" Will asked, Mike smiled softly.

"Well, I've reread my copy of The Hobbit in about three hours.. and I almost shot a bird because it scared me.." Mike explained, Will snorted. "I've been thinking too.. you know, when you called me the heart? Last year, I mean.."

"Yeah.." Will muttered, looking down. Mike smiled a bit, looking at him.

"It meant a lot to me, even if I don't consider myself the heart, it meant a lot.. but I was thinking, sure, the heart is important.. but it's nothing without the brain.. so, I think, you're the brain. If I'm the heart, you're the brain.." Mike explained, Will looked up at him.

"The heart is more important, though.. without blood getting to the brain you're dead.."

"Without the brain the heart wouldn't beat. You can replace a heart, you can't replace a brain, Will.." Mike explained, Will smiled softly as he looked away.

"Mike, that painting.. El didn't ask me to do it, I did it. It's from me.."

"I know.." Mike said, a nervous smile painting his face, "I know it's from you, I didn't for awhile.. I wished it was from you in the van, but I didn't realize until a couple of days ago.." Will nodded, "I love you, too, if you still love me.. if you ever loved me, just know it's there.." Will just, went silent.

"I love you, still, I just.. don't know, how you actually feel.. you dated my sister for like three years!"

"And I've had a crush on you for eleven years, I've had a crush on other guys before.. not that I realized until recently, but I have. More than I ever had on girls. I don't know if I ever liked El, not like that, but I did love her as a friend.. and I do love you, Will.."

"Are you sure? You thought you loved El, but it was just friendship. How do you know I'm not the same thing? We've been friends since the first day of kindergarten."

"I love you, I know because when I see you, or touch your hand, I feel electric.. Lucas told me he felt, electricity, when he's with Max.. and that's how I feel with you, I feel that with you.."

"Can I kiss you..?" Will asked, with his voice shaking, Mike let his smile widened.

"Yes, please do.." Mike muttered, and Will put his hand on Mike's cheek. Mike put his hand on his arm, kissing him. Will kissed back. When they pulled away, they started laughing at each other. Mike's face fell into his shoulder, Will just hugged him.

They pulled out of the hug, Mike smiling at him. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I love you.. and I wanna be your boyfriend, if you'll take me.."

"I, think I can make that arrangement. I love you too.."

Maybe the stars aligned, maybe it was written in fate somewhere, maybe it was apart of some bigger plan. Whatever you believe in, something was in their favor that night.