Chapter 47

"...You don't have to be sorry."

Leto began to fidget before slowly raising his hand. The finger touching my face made me feel at ease.

However, Leto eventually laid himself on the floor and hugged me, as if he had concluded that he could not comfort me with his fingers alone.

"...You don't have to be sorry."

Leto began to fidget before slowly raising his hand. The finger touching my face made me feel at ease.

However, Leto eventually laid himself on the floor and hugged me, as if he had concluded that he could not comfort me with his fingers alone.

I pushed my face deeper into Leto's chest. Leto's heartbeat touched my cheek. The sound and speed was so great that it was as if his heart broke through the skin. Strangely enough, Leto's heart was beating just as vigorously as mine.

"Thank you, Leah. For consoling me."

"...Are you done?"

"Thanks to you."

"Then it's best to call it a night."

"Yes."

"Isn't it uncomfortable?"

Leto asked affectionately. But there is a small tremor at the end of the voice. Was it because it's cold? I raised my arms and moved them on his back to share more of my warmth. Now we were in a hugging position.

"...! B-Bree. Wait a minute!"

Leto pushed me on the shoulders in a hurry. When my body fell, my eyes met Leto's. Contrary to the expectation that he would laugh at my face immediately, Leto's face was even funnier. Usually, he was shy and embarrassed, but now it was beyond imagination. His face was on the verge of exploding.

"Cough!"

When I saw the face, I coughed without realising. After I dropped myself, the wind blew in between.

When I shuddered in the cold, Leto was torn and hugged me tightly again.

"...Leah, aren't you uncomfortable?"

This time, I asked. I was worried that Leto, who could not sleep on the floor, wouldn't be able to sleep on the floor of this uneven cave.

"Huh?"

"Isn't the ground uncomfortable?"

"The ground doesn't matter. Rather..."

He paused.

"Do you want me to apply some medicine before you go to bed?"

Leto turned the conversation around. It was only then that I realised that I had badly injured my back.

The pain went away, perhaps because of the effect of applying medicine.

"It's alright."

"It might hurt if you touch it again, so I'll put it on you later when you sleep."

"But then you can't sleep..."

"I couldn't sleep anyways."

Leto sighed deeply and reassured me, saying, 'Don't worry, it's okay if I don't sleep.'

"I wonder what senior and the others are doing right now?"

"Probably sitting down and chewing on a nutritional bar."

Again, Leto didn't seem interested in anyone but himself.

"I hope you don't get hurt."

"Worry about yourself."