Chapter 12

"Leah!"

Fortunately, Leto did not skip the next liberal arts class. He came in with a dark expression, opened his book without taking the time to speak to me and concentrated on the class.

Did he manage to control his shock and pull himself together again? I glanced at him before turning my gaze to the blackboard.

As the results came out, the students' pressure subsided.

Frustration could be heard from the students as they worry about the final exam.

I also didn't remain happy just because my rank went up. I concentrated on the class again.

While I was listening to the professor's lecture and taking notes, I took a glance at Leto.

I noticed that Leto's face was troubled.

I stared at him blankly, gasped and turned my gaze forward again.

When the class was over and the night was ripe, I still hadn't spoken a word to Leto.

I wanted to talk to him, but with Leto's completely darkened expression, it would be like hitting a wall.

In the end, I didn't open my lips because I thought it would only make him uncomfortable.

Leto headed straight to the library with a book, seeming like he was planning to study again starting today.

I also headed to the library to study. After walking with Leto and parting ways at the entrance, I went up the stairs.

As soon as I opened my eyes, the bright light entering my vision naturally made me frown.

I hurriedly turned around and rubbed my eyes, feeling that something was missing.

When I got up and looked around, I couldn't find Leto, who should have been lying on the bed next to me.

The bed linen was arranged neatly and there was no book on the desk. Even the lights in the opened bathroom were turned off.

Looking back at the clock on the wall, there was still about two hours left until morning class.

Leto must have gone to the library to study in the morning. Has he eaten? I approached Leto's desk and brushed my hand over his cold desk.

Then, I found a letter under his pencil case. It was the one I wrote.

Underneath it was the short letter I gave him before.

Thankfully he seemed to have kept them instead of throwing them away.

Delighted at the sight, I stretched my arms forward.

"Mhm. Let's cheer up, dear me!"