Chapter 36

【Funicullumire.】

A magic spell came out of the woman's opened mouth. Soon a rope came out of the floor, and the five of us moved to avoid it, but were caught without even a chance to resist.

"This!"

Like a living creature, the rope moved and held me firmly by my wrists and ankles.

We, with our hands and feet tied, looked at a woman who was moving on the floor and spilling arsenic.

"Looking at those uniforms, you must be from Lexley Academy."

She spoke leisurely and approached me. Soon, she bent her knees in front of me and lifted my head by touching my chin.

"Let go of Bree!"

Leto screamed as she tried to grab my face with one hand.

"W-What is this?"

Leto, who was struggling, appeared in front of me to see if he had loosened the rope.

The woman let go of my chin and blocked Leto from attacking her.

"Leah!"

Leto kicked the woman in the stomach and she fell backwards with a loud noise.

Leto, who took advantage of the gap and jumped at the woman, had a grim face that I had never seen before.

At that time, the masked men who suddenly appeared, perhaps after hearing a loud noise, grabbed Leto's arm and body.

I thought he would be subdued, but Leto skillfully pulled away from the enemy by force and aimed only at their vital points.

【Ignier.】

There was no need to hide our magic now that our true identity had been discovered by the enemies.

Leto, who was outnumbered, used magic to strand the masked men. Leto overtook the men who were stunned with fire magic and attacked the woman.

Nevertheless, the woman's expression remained calm and relaxed.

Considering that she was good at using magic, she was a formidable opponent.

It can't be guaranteed that she was only the wizard around either. So it was dangerous for Leto to deal with her alone.

"Hang in there. I'll release you."

【Gladiusri.】

I chanted the magic spell to create a sword and held it in my hand. No matter how much mana I had, I didn't know the magic spell as well as Leto, and I was also weak in martial arts.

Even if I knew the magic spell, I couldn't do it at my will to trigger the magic by releasing a lot of mana at once.

If you think about it, I only knew how to release mana ignorantly, and using it to invoke magic was something I did unconsciously when I was in a crisis.

Rather than relying on my luck, which I got a bad score every time, it was much better to rely on something I knew, which was swordsmanship.

"Can students go out on a weekday morning?"

The woman said with a grin.

"It doesn't matter, does it?"

Why was she concerned all of a sudden? The woman twisted her lips when I made a wry reply.

"No, I thought it was a violation of the rules."

"It doesn't matter......"

"If you get expelled from school, you'll be in big trouble."

"......."

Could this be a new type of attack that strikes by psychology? I can't be swept away.

"I heard it's hard to get a job if you're expelled."

"......Really?"

That's a bit of a big deal.