Chapter 25

Everyone's eyes focused on Leto's hands. It was then.

Groaning, Leto raised his hand. There was a ball.

"Woaah!"

"Leah! Leah! Leah! Leah!"

He ended the game. It was a victory for the Magics department.

Oh my god. I was delighted to see Leto, holding the ball and smiling brighter than ever. I stood up and jumped in place, chanting out Leto's name among the screaming people in a trance.

Before we knew it, the three of us were clapping and singing the Lexley school anthem passionately among other students.

As soon as the Magics department's victory was confirmed, fireworks exploded loudly to congratulate the winner.

All the main players of the Magics team that were in the waiting room rushed out of the stadium and hugged Leto, who performed an excellent defence.

They even lifted him and chanted for him.

Seeing Leto happy, my heart was filled with joy.

Fortunately, he didn't seem to be hurt, rather he looked light enough to be flying. My body was itching to hug Leto.

It was good to see Leto embracing other students and sharing the joy of the celebration. He looked happy.

Soon, my eyes met Leto's. Leto lifted the ball to me and smiled like a child.

I also greeted him with open arms, but the students around me passed by and chanted out Leah, Leah!

An award ceremony was held. The headmaster and a man known as the Archmage came out and handed the trophy to the Magics department.

Fireworks exploded loudly for a second time behind the Magics team as they raised the huge trophy that was the size of their bodies. It was truly a thrilling moment.

Tonight was Leto's night. Every student I passed mentioned his name.

Every time Leto passed by, the students began to cheer and chant his name enthusiastically.

Leto frowned and ignored it each time, but the excited students soon dragged him and expressed their joy. Or they would give Leto drinks, chocolates or snacks.

We were going to have a nice dinner for Leto. But with everyone passing by being excited about Leto, it was impossible to have a normal meal.

Eventually, each of us bought a bottled drink and headed to the small park behind the academy dormitory.

"I just caught it since I saw it."

As usual, Leto spoke frankly. We continued to talk for about two hours before it became dark and we had to part ways.

Shortly after, only Leto and I, the roommates, were left.

I thought it would continue to just be the two of us, but as soon as we entered the dormitory, the students inside applauded as if they were waiting for Leto.

The kids from the Swordsman department, the opposing team, also blew a whistle at him as though they admired Leto.

I was happy, as though I was the one being congratulated. On the other hand, Leto already got tired of it, he dragged me by the wrist and quickly went up to our room.

Ignoring the students calling for his name, he hurried into the room and slammed the door.

It became silent in an instant. Leto let out a long sigh and looked at me.

"What's got you so happy? You've been smiling since earlier."

I wasn't sure either. My body just felt a little strange as if I had a fever since earlier.