Chapter 33

The next day, as soon as lunchtime arrived, the five of us gathered and headed to the headquarters.

I entered, it was filled with documents floating in the air. The staffs were all busy moving their pens, so there was no time to talk to them.

As we were dazed, a fairy who was working at the time, came over and adjusted her glasses.

The look on her face was grim, as if she were not pleased with the appearance of customers who came while they were busy.

"The papers are not finished yet."

Professor Hartz spoke confidently. Strange smoke crept out of the door with a musty smell.

It was dark inside, filled with darkness without a single light. Soon I felt someone grabbing the hem of my clothes.

Leto, who was particularly afraid of the dark, hid behind me without saying a word and observed the situation.

"So I can't give it to you right away."

Professor Hartz was mixing magic potions in the corner of the room.

"I was told that it needs to be submitted by today. It seems to be an important document that needs to be handed over to the Magics Department."

"They'll understand because it's not the first time it's been late."

Leto spoke quietly in my ear. I also agreed.

"When will it be finished?"

"It'll be done in ten minutes the fastest. But, I have a lot of work to do other than that document."

"Then please finish these papers first."

"No."

"You just need to fill up the documents. Can't you even spare 10 minutes for it?"

"I told you I was busy."

"I wonder how you became a professor while putting off everything."

"No. Even if it's annoying, I do everything I have to do within the time limit. It's not heredity, it's that strange personality of yours."

"Okay, then let's say it is. Now that you know it, get out."

"You should change that strange personality of yours right now. You do remember the last time you ignored something and hid everything, it ended up going all wrong, right?"

I was wondering if it was alright to say it, but Leto explained it briefly.

"Those two are blood related?"

Bona said it was ridiculous.

"They don't look alike, do they?"

"......."

"It was just a joke."

"Professor, could you submit the document first? It's important to us, too."

"There's a mountain of other things to do."

"We'll help you."

Professor Hartz laughed at my words as if they were ridiculous.

"How are you going to help me? This experiment requires a lot of mana...... Ah."

Professor Hartz stared at me intently as if something came to mind. I tried to avoid the gaze out of anxiety, but it was futile.

The professor strode in front of me, looked at me, and nodded his head in satisfaction.

"After lunch, do you have class?"

"No."

"Yes......."