Chapter 21

After the class was over, Leto silently packed his bag and glanced at the time.

Currently, the cricket tournament was about two weeks away. An arduous training was waiting for Leto, who became a main player.

At first, I followed after Leto to support him, but my steps shortly stopped.

I patted Leto's back as he was about to go alone.

"Good luck, Leah. We should win this time, right? Our magics department can't lose!"

Leto nodded at my words. Leto's academy life completely changed after becoming a member of the cricket team.

There was no one in the academy who didn't recognise Leto's face. Of course, it was the same as usual, but if they had looked at Leto with a negative and jealous gaze before, now they were looking at him with a positive and longing gaze.

Perhaps Leto was aware of this, but he didn't express his displeasure towards those gazes.

I was happy with the subtle change. After Leto went ahead, all I would usually do was go back to the dormitory to study or wait for Leto. But these days, Leto's training period has been extended.

I tried to wait for him without sleeping first, but it was only after midnight that Leto came back, so I ended up falling asleep first.

The dorm felt empty without him. However, while I was studying, I couldn't concentrate because I kept thinking of Leto.

Eventually, I made my way to the library and saw that it was almost empty inside.

It had been full during the exam period, but by the festive season, there were hardly any students in the library.

Sitting in one of the empty seats, I opened my book. After having a sandwich for dinner, I focused on my studies and time passed by quickly.