Chapter 22

After lunchtime, classes would be over after two more subjects. The students were busy preparing to either go back to the dorm or head to the library.

I was also packing my bag when Leto came up and waited for me with an impatient look on his face.

Despite what he said earlier, it appears that deep down, he was looking forward to me coming to the training field.

When I finished packing my bag, he silently dragged me to the field.

Holding my wrist tightly, Leto told me to wait for a moment before he went to the locker room and changed into his training gear.

Leto was prettier than anyone else in his school uniform, but in his neat training suit, he looked cool and brave. Feeling my gaze, Leto turned his head away and headed towards the field.

"Don't wait until I finish. Just leave after watching for a while."

As we neared the field, Leto opened his mouth. When I nodded, he glanced at me with a look as if he had something to say, but then swallowed his words.

"You have something to say, right?"

When I asked, he didn't deny it.

"What is it?"

"......You'll think that I'm narrow-minded."

"No, I won't."

"You will! It's just, I......I just don't like it."

"What do you mean?"

Fortunately, the training began without any incidents. Sitting on the bench, I quietly watched Leto train.

Contrary to what senior said, Leto was passionate and active during training.

With his long hair tied up, he not only directly caught the ball that was flying his way, but also scored more points by running faster than anyone else when he became the batsman.

"You may go now."

During every break, Leto would approach me sitting on the bench. He sat down, keeping his distance from me in case I smelled his sweat.

"I want to watch more."

"......Is it fun?"

"Yeah, seeing your face and training is fun."

"What's with that?"

Leto chuckled and gulped down his water.

"You don't have to watch the special training, so go back to the dorm first."

After saying that, Leto ran back to the field.