Chapter 45

My whole body ached with muscle pain. My shoulders hurt and my hard, cold back was uncomfortable.

As I slowly opened my eyes, an intense light was visible through the leaves that pierced my eyes.

'Where am I?'

I furrowed my brows as I felt thirsty. It took quite a while to figure out the situation.

Having raised my back, a groan slipped out of my mouth. If they wanted to teleport me, they should have made it less painful.

"Ugh."

I held my sore back and looked around. It's difficult to tell where this place was due to the trees lining up in rows, so looking at the map was useless. The future was bleak.

If I want to find the golden orb, I have no choice but to go around recklessly.

"Ugh...."

I heard a groan from behind. As I turned my head, I could see Leto holding his side.

"Leah!"

I tried to quickly go to him, but I stopped. I could step on a orb again if I moved carelessly. After looking carefully at the ground, I moved my feet slowly and sat next to Leto.

Unlike me, who had a sore back, he held his side and groaned in pain.

Fortunately, there were no external wounds.

"Leah, are you okay?"

I wiped his sweaty face with my hands. Leto opened his eyes faintly as if he had finally come to his senses with my touch.

"Bree?"

"Yes, it's me."

"What the hell is this place..."

When I explained the situation, Leto clicked his tongue. He gritted his teeth for a moment and got up straight away.

"Gosh, does that mean we have no choice but to walk by intuition now?"

"I think so."

Leto sighed heavily as he looked around. Without a break, he intended to walk again. Leto, who was moving his steps, paused for a moment and stared at me.

When I tilted my head under his gaze, Leto slightly hesitated and held out his hand to me.

"What?"

"Hold it. You can step on the black orbs again. It would be dangerous if the two of us split up then. This is not a forest that can be survived alone."

I held Leto's hand without saying anything. It would be fine to hold it lightly, but Leto seemed to be anxious, and the moment I touched his hand, he interlocked it and squeezed it tightly.

We walked again. I walked carefully on the ground, but it was almost impossible not to step on an orb.

If the magic attacks, we'll avoid it or block it with defensive magic. But if I stepped on the black orb again, all our hard work will be worthless and we'll fall to another place.

It was difficult for the two of us to avoid the attack, so I was worried about the senior who was alone.

"I don't think he'll die."

Leto didn't seem much interested in senior.

"But what if he gets a serious injury..."

"You seem really worried."

Leto stopped walking and turned his head. He looked a little angry. Was he still competing with Senior Jimbo with me in the middle?

"Of course I'm worried. Leah, if you were alone I'd be very worried about you."