Chapter 1

* * *

It was the moment Bree first saw Leto after entering the academy that Bree realised she was reincarnated in a novel. As soon as she saw his red hair, Bree knew that he was the male lead in the R19 Horror-Mystery novel

"How to Recognise the Murderer".

He was the second son born from a Duke and his lover. However, he was abused for being the son of a mistress so he had no choice but to dress up as a woman under his upright and conservative family. Having suffered from lack of affection due to being abused and neglected by his parents, he decided to commit murder for the first time at the age of 19

And now, he is 18 years old. It was Winter. His first murder was just over a year away. Likewise, Bree life was also in a year. According to the novel, Leto would kill all of his classmates.

That's right. Briseis Pierre, was Leto's roommate and a girl in his class.

Bree lived a pretty good life before she found out she was reincarnated. Though she wasn't rich, Bree was born as a daughter of a Baron and was loved by her parents. To repay the love of such parents, Bree studied hard and entered Lexley Academy, where she would naturally earn honor and wealth once she graduated.

The two of us, who had just enrolled into Lexley Academy, were carrying our luggages. Bree stood awkwardly and stared at Leto. He seemed to be quite upset and did not appear pleased to be my roommate.

When Bree first read the book, She honestly felt sorry for Leto. It was due to his unfortunate history with his family. How many tears were shed during his childhood as he was struggling to live and trying to be loved.

Feeling my gaze, Leto looked at her with a frown.

"Hello, my name is Briseis Pierre. Feel free to call me Bree."

Leto was diligently jotting something down, but Professor Hartz looked at Leto.

"You, get out."

All of a sudden, he dismissed Leto.

"I don't understand."

When Leto asked, Professor Hartz looked displeased and frowned.

"You are not suitable for black magic."

She was puzzled at first, but it then dawned on her. Leto was going to kill all our classmates using black magic a year from now. Professor Hartz urged him to leave, probably because of the unusual feeling Leto gave off.

"Go on, leave."

Leto eventually sprang up from his seat with a face stiff from anger. Bree held her breath as he slammed the door shut and left.

* * *

Suddenly, a familiar back appeared in front of Bree. Leto was at the rabbit farm in front of the dormitory. She unknowingly froze at the sight of him touching the rabbit.

She found Leto smiling, stroking the rabbit's head. 

Staring at Leto's figure, She slowly approached him. Leto, who was petting the rabbit with a gentle expression, got up in a hurry. He glared at her, unlike how he stared at the rabbit.

"...I think Professor Hartz's words were too harsh. So, don't worry too much."

I approached Leto, slowly.

"Stay away."

"Leah."

"Because you're annoying."

".....Huh?"

Leto looked at her with a frown.

"I can't promise what I'll do to you if you get any closer."

"It won't be a big deal for my family to ruin a family like yours."

"What?"

"So don't get close. Got it?"

Bree never thought he'd involve her family or parents.