Chapter 52

Second, Leto openly shows that he likes me. Whenever he gets the chance, he would try to hug and stroke my head, which made me so nervous that I avoided him.

And now another change is about to take place.

"Now that it's a new school year, you're going to pick a new dorm roommate, aren't you?"

I heard someone say something. The issue was that I could no longer share the same room as Leto. While I was despairing over this fact, new news was delivered this morning.

[If you'd like to share a room with your current roommate, you can sign this consent form.]

It was a notice to submit an agreement form before the new student orientation began. Thus, it was hopeful news that I would be able to share a room with my current roommate during my second year. Leto and I were roommates who got along well. I thought Leto would surely agree, but...

"No."

His firm reply shocked me. Didn't you keep clinging to me because you like me! This was a completely unexpected answer, so I felt numb, as if I had been stabbed in the back.

"......Really?"

"Yes."

"Really, really?"

"Yes."

"Really? Really? Really?"

"......Bree. I'm not going to say it three times."

Why not? Was he really uncomfortable sharing a room with me? Or was it because my sleeping habits were so bad that he doesn't want to be with me? I had various concerns. But the scariest thing right now was that Leto might end up sharing a room with another woman. Many things happen when men and women are together in the same room.

"Why not?"

At times like this, I really wanted to tell the Lexley Academy that Leto is a man.

'Though, I can't do that.'

Leto still kept his gender a secret from everyone, including me. Since what happened in the cave half a year ago, Leto has never revealed his true appearance to me again. There is that issue, but according to the original story, Leto will soon commit murder. No matter how much Leto has changed and softened, I shouldn't stay lax.

Now was the time to stay closer to him and be by his side.

"Why can't you?"

"...Because it's hard."

"What?"

"What?"

"It's hard. Being with you."

What does he mean by this? Leto didn't elaborate on the reason. He just avoided my gaze and refused to answer.

"Leah."

When I returned to the dorm, I found Leto sitting at his desk. He noticed my presence and lowered his head again. After refusing to sign the roommate's agreement form, he refused to make eye contact with me, perhaps because he felt uncomfortable.

I sat at my desk on the other side so as not to disturb him. When I no longer asked for a roommate agreement, Leto glanced at me in surprise. I could feel that gaze well.

"A-About that. Bree."

He spoke.

"What?"

"......I mean about refusing the roommate agreement. As I said earlier, it's not because I don't like you......Damn it, how should I say it?"

"It's alright now."

"......What?"

"It's fine now. You don't have to sign the agreement form."

"Are you sulking because you were so angry?"

"Not at all. I'm just better now."

When I spoke with a smile, Leto's expression turned suspicious. He was not pleased with my clear concedement, and instead frowned in displeasure.

"Why all of a sudden?"

He jumped from his seat and slowly approached me.

"Huh?"

"Did you suddenly start to hate me because I refused?"

"W-What's the matter?"

"That's what I want to ask. What's the matter with you? Are you tired of me now?"

He even started tearing up.

I told him not to do it because he didn't want to sign it!

"You're the one who said you didn't want to sign it!"

"But...! Still......!"

At first, I thought I knew about Leto well, but the more I looked at it, the more I found how difficult Leto was..

"What on earth do you want me to do?!"

I've prepared myself once again. Leto's thoughts and actions had no clear goal. Even though he's become better than his original self and has adapted well to the academy life, I should increase my vigilance.

"I won't sign it, but you can still ask again! Then, it's going to be really, really hard for me, but I can concede to you and sign it, right?"

"......You'll concede?"

"Yes, though, I won't fall so easily."

Leto crossed his arms and said proudly. What should I do to get Leto concede?

"Do it for me."

"......?"

"I want to be with you because I like you......"

"......."

"Are you really not going to be my roommate?"

So I just begged. I spoke in the most pitiful tone possible and looked up at Leto, whose expression was a little strange.

"......Where is it?"

"What?"

"The agreement form. I'll sign it right away, so bring it here."

Huh? When I absentmindedly offered the agreement form, Leto snatched the paper and signed it without hesitation.

"You, really, just wait and see, hmph."

What? It felt like I'd been caught by something, but...

"Please take care of me, Leah!"

Who cares? I smiled brightly.