Prisoners

Season 3
                    Dallas POV

                  Cell Block D

They got Hershel into the cell block and shut it. T-dog, Daryl and I stayed in the room just outside of it and waited for those men to appear. I could heard the chaos from the others trying to stop him from bleeding out.

Daryl had his crossbow pointed at the door as footsteps approached and I had one of my guns pointed at it.

The leading man walked in; his gun tucked into his pants. Do the people who do that want to shoot their shit off? I've seen it happen, more than once.

"That's far enough." They didn't even all get to step in the door before Daryl was telling them to stop.

"Cell block C. Cell 4- that's mine, gringo. Let me in." He eyed our weapons as the others followed him in.

"Todays your lucky days, fellas. You've been pardoned by the state of Georgia. You're free to go."

"What you got going on in there?"

"It ain't none of your concern."

The man pulled the gun from his pants and stepped towards me even though it was Daryl who said that, "Don't be telling me what's my concern."

"Chill man. Dudes leg is messed up." The tallest of the men spoke, "Besides were free now. Why are we still in here?"

"Yeah and I got to check on my old lady." That made me frown.

"You don't know, do you?" I asked the men, still aiming my gun at them.

"A bunch of civilians breaking in to a prison you got no business being in— got me thinkin there ain't no place for us to go." The man's eyes trailed to my chest and I mentally huffed. I'm fully covered and that's still not enough to avoid his gaze.

"You should go find out." I tightened my grip on the machete in my left hand. Men like this make my blood boil. I worked my whole life around men, and so many of them were like him. It's a miracle I never went to prison myself. The self control to not strangle perverts is strong.

"We ain't leaving!"

T-dog rounded the corner with his gun aimed at this man, "You ain't comin in either."

"Hey this is my house. My rules. I go where I damn well please." He redirected his gun to T-dog.

"There ain't nothin for you here why don't you go back to your own sandbox!?"

Just then Rick came from the cells, "Everyone relax. There's no need for this."

"How many of you are in there?"

"Too many for you to handle."

He looked over to me, "You guys rob a bank or somethin? Why don't you take him to a hospital?"

"Do I look like I'd rob a bank?" I found myself speaking without thinking. I probably do look like I'd rob a bank. All sweaty and dressed in black.

"Yes." The tallest man said and I shrugged. He seems like the nicest one despite being a giant.

"How long have you been locked in that cafeteria?" Rick asked the group of 5.

He kept his gun up and looked nervous before answering, "Going on like 10 months."

Daryl and I glanced at each other and then back to them when the tall man started talking, "A riot broke out. Never seen anything like it."

"Attica on speed, man."