The Barn

Season 2
Dallas

Is this the beginning of a villain arc?

Carol was cooking up everyone eggs this morning. I sat next to Daryl as he ate and avoided Glenn's looks. The air is so thick around here, like everyone is hiding something from someone.

Glenn stood in front of the group after calling us all to pay attention to him, "The barn is full of walkers."

I leaned forward in my seat, glancing at Daryl who had a similar look on his face like me. Everyone looked at him with horrified looks.

After a few moments of silence we all made our way to the barn. Shane inspected it and charged over to Rick when one snarled at him, "You cannot tell me you're alright with this."

"No i'm not but we're guests here. This isn't our land." Rick kept his eyes on the barn.

"This is our lives!"

"Lower your voice!" Glenn told Shane, who wasn't gonna listen.

Andrea spoke next, "We can't just sweep this under the rug."

Shane paced back to the front of the group, "Okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talkin about Fort Benning for a long time,-"

"We can't go."

"Why Rick, why?" Shane stared at Rick, awaiting an answer.

Carol, who was beside me spoke, "Because my daughter is still out there." Yeah and Lori is pregnant.

Shane covered his face in disbelief and sighed heavily, "Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility."

"We're not leaving Sophia behind."

Daryl went around me and Carol, "We're close to finding this girl. We just found her damn doll two days ago."

"You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll."

"You don't know what the hell you're talkin about!" Rick put his arm out in front of Daryl who was growing angry with Shane.

"I'm just sayin what needs to be said! You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours!"

"Shane stop."

"Let me tell you somethin else man! If she was alive out there and saw you comin all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction!"

The next few moments were chaos of everyone trying to keep the two men from fighting each other. Once they were surely not going to attack each other, Rick started talking again, "Let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out."

"What are you gonna figure out?!" Shane pushed towards Rick again, Lori stepping between them.

"If we're gonna stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land."

Dale approached Rick, "Hershel sees those things in there as people. Sick people. His wife, his stepson."

"You knew?"