Chapter 23 The Doctor's Secret

As a bystander, Alan looked at the glass fragments and wine spilled on the ground in surprise. Hank was also frightened by his daughter and looked at her sober for a moment, and then Hannah's eyes widened with tears. He roared at his father Hank with angrily eyes:

"..Drinking, drinking, drinking...? All you have left in your life is drinking?! I have been hoping for you to stand up again for two years... Take a good look at me, what's the result?! You numb yourself and let me face it alone ! Is this fair!? Because you didn't cheer up... you allowed Ethan to take advantage of the situation and act recklessly... causing us to sacrifice so many people today... Do you understand?"

Hannah's voice was so hoarse that Hank was so ashamed that he couldn't explain and was speechless. He could only watch Hannah keep saying "I...I'm sorry...I..."

Hannah didn't want to hear it and got very angry. Even more angrily, she smashed the empty wine bottles on the table next to her to the ground one by one.

Every time Hannah smashed a wine bottle, she shouted angrily,

"You just like drinking!",

almost to the point of losing her mind, as if she wanted to vent all the emotions she had hidden for the past two years...

Hannah ignored the scattered glass shards from the wine bottle and cut her hand, trying to vent her anger. Allen couldn't bear to let Hannah hurt herself anymore, so he pulled her away to calm down.

"Hannah!! Don't do this! Calm down!"

Despite being pulled away, Hannah angrily shouted

"Leave me alone!"

Allen grabbed the emotional Hannah by the shoulders and said:

"That's enough...Hannah! It won't help to blame anyone now...We still have to think long and hard about how to bring down Mori..."

Hannah smiled helplessly and sarcastically when she heard the words "long term plan", then shed tears and looked at Alan and said:

"A long-term plan...? What's the plan when everyone is gone?....Ethan is so strong, who can fight against him in the future...I came to you and thought you were different...I didn't expect it to be of any use. No..."

These words are really hurtful.

After Hannah said these hurtful words, she turned around and left sadly, leaving Allen stunned. He didn't tell Hannah how he resisted Ethan until the end. Although the feeling of being misunderstood was very painful, it was here anyway. There is no point in defending anything...

Tonight's tragedy is like the heavy rain that continues to fall, being washed away with less and less traces every month...

Late at night, Alan was alone in the rain on the top floor of his apartment. He held the Superman picture pin given to him by his father and pondered without saying a word...

Dr. Jack appeared silently at the door of the stairs behind him. Seeing this boy come back and get wet in the rain without saying anything, he probably knew that this operation failed miserably.

Allen recalled what his father, Seros, said when he handed the brooch to him...

"You are so smart and kind that you can save the world one day..."

But now he frowned, doubting that the world was not smart enough and kind enough to fight against the bad guys.

Is it true that in this post-apocalyptic wasteland world where zombie giants are rampant, the only way to control the life and death of others is to compare who is more ferocious?