Chapter 18 Ethan's true power

As the first lzombie, the "Sprinter," broke through, Brad was quick to shoot it down, its body collapsing in the rain. Soon after, the sound of more zombies echoed from the breach, and in no time, they swarmed in like ants.

Brad's team and Ingram's squad, serving as the first line of defense, relentlessly fired their guns to halt the zombie onslaught.

Though these "Sprinters" moved swiftly, they couldn't withstand the intense barrage of bullets, falling one by one to the ground. For a moment, the security team had the upper hand, controlling the situation.

"here you go! We can control the situation!"

Brad cheered triumphantly, his adrenaline pumping. But his joy was short-lived.

Just as the pile of fallen Sprinters lay still, a level-3 zombie, the "Springer," leaped out from the breach, howling ferociously.

These goblin-like creatures weren't to be underestimated. They scaled walls like spider monkeys, leaping several meters in a single bound.

"Oh no! The Frogger are here!"

someone shouted, warning the others. The entire security line had no choice but to retreat as the Froggers evaded bullets and began to swarm over the abandoned buildings, pouncing on the guards from above.

As casualties mounted and cries of agony filled the air, the first defense line fell into chaos.

Ingram, caught in the midst of it, was busy directing the retreat when she accidentally tripped, leaving herself vulnerable to an incoming Springer leaping down from above.

"Watch out!"

A gunshot rang out, and a Springer dropped lifeless, courtesy of Brad.

"It's you..."

Ingram looked at Brad gratefully, but Brad knew it wasn't the time for sentimentality. He swiftly pulled Ingram up by her shoulder, saying,

"SLet's talk about it later! Let's get out of here!"

Brad supported Ingram, her twisted ankle making it difficult to move, as they dashed toward the inner city.

Little did they know, as the security forces retreated, the construction drones miraculously came back to life, their depleted power reserves suddenly restored, and they began to rapidly fill the breach.

This wasn't by chance. In the distant control room of the construction drones, Mayor Oz watched everything through their cameras, muttering to himself:

"I can only help here...Young man, I hope you feel that such recklessness is worth it..."

Allen observed the commotion on the outer wall and immediately stepped on the power skateboard to start tracking the zombies' movements.

When some of the Frogger came to the abandoned streets, what awaited them were streets blocked by piles of waste. This was the "maze" created by the two teams of David and Bert.

The challenge now was dealing with the Froggers who couldn't be contained by the maze. With hordes of Froggers approaching and freely leaping from building to building, Hannah, observing from afar through binoculars, gave her orders.

"Take out the Frogger."

"Roger that!" David and Bert responded promptly.

In the pouring rain, as the Sprinters struggled to navigate the maze, the Froggers leaped across the rooftops. But soon, silenced shots pierced through the air, taking down one Springer after another.

Confused and unable to pinpoint the source of the gunfire, the Froggers howled in frustration as they fell one by one, victims of snipers positioned 200 meters away in the buildings, courtesy of David and Bert's deployment.