chapter 17 : give me a chance

"Let me down." Zhan's voice sounded beside Yibo's ear who paid no attention to it. He just continued to walk out. Thankfully, everyone left this floor when they came out otherwise zhan would really be embarrassed now.

Zhan sighed and then said once again, "Yibo, let go. Stop this madness."

At this Yibo indeed stopped but he didn't let go of Zhan. Instead, he stared at Zhan.

"You haven't changed even a bit, have you?" Zhan said these words calmly,  his anger is nowhere to be seen. He is speaking as if they were facts.

Zhan got down from Yibo's forceful hold and then talked, " I don't know what has gotten into your head and I have no idea what you experienced abroad. Probably you don't know that I had some immature crush on you in the past , but it stopped right there. My life came back into track after you left and I stopped those unwanted thoughts. I'm happy like this."

"Then you suddenly returned and said that you have feelings for me. Honestly speaking, I don't know how to react to this. You should think about others too, okay?  I don't want mom and dad to feel sad. It's better if you see me as a brother. You need time,  it will pass eventually. "

As zhan said these words without even blinking once, he turned around to walk away from this suffocating building. But he staggered a few steps because Yibo lunged himself at him , hugging from behind. Yibo's tone sounded like he was begging, "Mom and dad knows about me liking guys zhanzhan. They aren't narrow minded. I can't see you as a brother anymore Zhanzhan...don't refuse me yet..I'm sure about my feelings. They were there for more than ten years,  how can they easily go away? I love you more than my life."

Zhan bit his lips but he still feared the reaction of their parents, he feared that Yibo as usual was joking with him again. If he agrees, Yibo will make fun of him again.
"I'll see you as stranger if you keep on doing this meaningless thing."

"Zhanzhan , I'll not let you go until you agree."

Zhan's lips turned up into a cold smile, " Then what if I say I've a boyfriend?"

Zhan felt Yibo's hand around him stiffened. Zhan's eyebrows arced as he said with a smile, "will you still hold on, Wang Yibo?"

"When did you learn to lie , zhanzhan ? Don't fool me. I know you don't have anyone."

Zhan closed his eyes and sighed. He freed himself only to be grabbed again, "Did you even realise where we are ?  If others see then tomorrow's headline would be two young masters are fighting in the family company shamelessly."

Yibo let Zhan have his way as he stood straight and looked at Zhan's slightly red eyes, "Then...at least give me a chance to prove myself. I'll show you my love and win you over."

Zhan suppressed his surprise because the past Yibo would never say such lines. Zhan thought carefully,  what Yibo suggested made sense. He will be able to confirm Yibo's thoughts towards himself and get to know him again.

Yibo looked on with hope and saw Zhan nodding his head with a cute expression, at least Yibo thought so. Yibo couldn't belive his eyes as he saw Zhan nodding. He couldn't hide his excitement as he went over to kiss Zhan again only to get stopped by a hand that plastered on his face.

"Stop! We have to progress step by step!"

Yibo nodded his head like a chicken pecking rice. Zhan's expression eased as he turned to walk towards the elevator. As they both silently entered the ground floor , Zhan stood rooted on his place without moving.

Yibo turned to ask him gently , "what's wrong ?"

"......" zhan stayed silent.

He feels like an idiot now. Maybe his assistant is the idiotic one. He regrets choosing his friend as his assistant. He asked him to go and he really went, even took his car with him. Zhan a murderous expression Zhan took out his phone and dialed Fanxing's number, "yo boss ! You aren't sleeping ?"

"Sleeping my a*s ! Fanxing, If I get a hold of you again I'll make you bald and make you run three rounds around the company. "

"Wh-what !? Boss , you can't threaten your employee like that !-"

"You just wait-"

He cut the call and heard a light chuckle from Yibo. Zhan's face instantly filled with black lines.

"Is it funny?"

Yibo knew he annoyed Zhan , so he smoothly avoided the question and offered, "How about you come with me instead?"

"No. I will not go with you."

"Zhanzhan,  its so late , definitely not safe enough to grab a taxi. I heard on the news that-"

"Stop nagging and find that damn car of yours!"

Yibo laughed as he smoothly went to his car and opened the door for Zhan. Then he went to the driver's seat.

"Drop me off to Xiao Co. Please. You know where it is, right?" Zhan asked casually leaning on the windowsill, too tired to move.

Hearing this, Yibo frowned. He asked without looking at zhan, "Why go to the company at this hour ?"

"I'm not going to work there. I have a mini condo on the top of my office."

"Why do you stay there ? Does Mom and dad know ?" Yibo asked worriedly.

Zhan Spat out few words, " Don't tell them."

"Then? Why stay there?"

"Isn't it obvious? I won't have to get up early to get dressed and run for office. It's easier living there."

"Don't you have any house near the company?"

"Yes. 10 minutes away."

"Move back there then. I don't like the idea of you staying there all alone."

Zhan only rolled his eyes, " I put the villa up for a rent. Someone probably grabbed it already. "

Zhan heard some noise and then yibo gave him a file, "Are you talking about this ?"
It is the Zhan's villa documents, the person who rents it will have these papers. Without any doubts, this guy rented it !

Realising how Yibo's voice is full of smiles, zhan gritted his teeth, "You came prepared hah."

"Of course. So...what do you think of my offer ?"

"Whatever." Zhan said as he tiredly closed his eyes. Forget it, let him do whatever he wants.