chapter 5 : fever

After a few days of calmness , an event nearly blew up the campus. One after another post emerged in the school forum. What's the excitement about?

Zhan was having a drawing lesson and Yibo wasn't with him. Probably this is the only time when they don't stick together. Yibo doesn't like drawing . Though he admires this skill , he doesn't have a knack for it. He is practically an art blind person. So he didn't join the class with Zhan.

So Yibo was walking with some of his friends when he got blocked by a guy on the street. The guy was biting his lips , eyes glistening up because of nervousness, he was fair and slender. Just as everyone was about to ask why he blocked the way, the slender guy spoke first , with timidity, "Y-Yibo , I've something to say to you. Can you come aside for a while ?"

Yibo frowned. Feeling confused , he still said, " oh ? If you have something to say then say it here. Otherwise, excuse me."

The guy looked at him and bit his lips once again , annoying the hell out of Yibo. One of his buddy jokingly poked Yibo , " he is looking as if he'll confess-"

His buddy's words got cut off by an anxious voice and hurried voice, " I like you, Yibo. Will you be with me ? Give me a chance please."

Yibo stilled. His words got stuck in his throat. Similarly,  his buddies also got a good shock. Their friend...really attracts wild bees everywhere, subconsciously they increased the distance from yibo. Yibo stood there stupidly for a while almost giving the slender guy a mini heart attack.

Then with a frown he said in an unfeeling voice, " Step aside."

The guy looked up at him courageously, opening his mouth to say something but got cut off by Yibo. "I said , step aside."

"At least give me a clear answer...okay?"

"You want answer? Isn't it obvious that he doesn't like you at all?" One of Yibo's buddies chirped in , making the guy want to dig a hole right then and there.

Yibo glared at his friends before passing by the guy's side. In the end, he threw out a sentence, " I don't like you. I am not into guys. Look for someone else."

The guy turned around swiftly to face Yibo's leaving back, "Whom do you like then ?"

Yibo paused before continuing to walk , " am I obliged to answer you?"

After that , Yibo left,  his friends hurriedly followed. One even cautiously tapped on the pretty guy's shoulder with a finger , remembering to give some comfort, " You picked the wrong one ah , he is a block of sealed stone, anti romantic person and a brother Con."

The pretty guy nodded at him. After they all left,  the lights in the pretty guy's eyes flashed. He also left the eye catching scene very quickly. But, gossip is hard to prevent. This news of a guy confessing to the school heartthrob spread among the students overnight.

In the morning next day , Yibo and zhan , on their way to grab a meal in the canteen relieved various gazes. Pitiful, proud , mocking gazes. Yibo with an indifferent face ignored them all and kept thr same pace , his hand holding Zhan's.

Zhan felt puzzled but in the end ignored them as well. Both of them took one tray each , loaded it with food and sat down at a nearby table.

"Did you do something while I was not aware?"

Yibo who was eating seriously, paused. Then tsk-ed and said, " I did nothing,  it's just..some guy randomly popped up to confess."

Zhan had a bewildered look as he asked yibo, "To you !?"

"Who else."

After a moment of silence,  Zhan asked once again, "what happened after that?"

" come on Zhan , we grew up together,  you still ask this? Of course I rejected him! When have I ever liked boys anyways,  if it was a pretty girl...."

Zhan expressionlessly started to eat his food. He knows it now, very clearly even so.

Seeing Zhan's expression Yibo patted his head and advised, " You also have to stay away from guys like that. They don't have any good intentions."

Zhan pushed away Yibo's hand causally and mumbled in low voice , "mhm". Then he ate in silence the whole time , not uttering a word , as if in deep thoughts.

After a day of school and self study session, night arrived. This is  the time when students are most active in their dorms. Zhan , after reviewing his notes was making his bed. One of their roommate was watching his idol and the other is playing games. Yibo had something to do , so he didn't come back with Zhan.

Seeing him going to sleep , his roommates lowered the volume of their phone. After who knows how long , zhan felt his bed sinking a bit and it became cramped soon after. Zhan knew that a wild cat had sneaked in.

Opening his eyes, he faced the darkness. The dormatory lights were turned off , meaning everyone went to sleep. It's probably past 11. Zhan opened his mouth and said in a hushed voice as he tired to push Yibo to the other corner, " what are you doing here?"

No one answered him.

"Huh?"

Still silence.

"Yibo?"

Zhan knew something is wrong with this guy.  He shifted closer carefully and finally smelt beers. He probably came back drunk and even remembered to take a shower.

"Yes." Zhan heard Yibo's late reply.

Yibo, instinctively pulled Zhan closer. The tight embrace almost took the breath out of Zhan. Yibo's hands reached for his waist and the back of his head , and hugged him like a possessive beast.

Zhan silently moved his hand and placed it on Yibo's head with difficulty. It is hot , probably got a fever.

"Yibo , let go."

After a little delay , Yibo responded, " No, I'll not let go."

Yibo's husky voice made Zhan's ears red. He still said, "you have a fever. Did you take medicine?"

"No."

Zhan sighed, " Are you planning to die or what.."

"I don't want to die zhanzhan.."

The corner of Zhan's lips went upwards. He asked mischievously,  "Then what do you want ?"

"I want Zhanzhan to care about me. Only pay attention to me."