chapter 4 : Bite me

At last, Yibo managed to get them two legendary ice cream. One is strawberry while the other is chocolate flavoured. Yibo handed zhan the chocolate one as he took a bite from his strawberry ice cream.

"Thanks."

" what ? Why are you so polite all of a sudden?"

"Then do you want me to smack your head with my bag ?"

"That's enough. I don't have the hobby to get hit by you everytime."

After they returned to the dormatory, yibo sat down on his desk to play games. Zhan looked at Yibo and asked, " Are you not going to study for tomorrow's test?"

"Certainly. But I don't want to now. After you are done, give me your notes."

Zhan sighed, "Okay, as you wish."

Zhan wasn't sure if yibo heard him or not. He returned to his desk to prepare for the test. His other two roommates didn't  return yet and it was just the sound of his breathing and little noise from Yibo's headset. Unconsciously, a lot of thoughts began to crawl in Zhan's head.

He remembered the incident from today. The girl gave him chocolates and yibo snatched them away. Though Yibo's behaviour can only be considered as normal but zhan couldn't help thinking further. What was that for ? Why did he take those chocolates from him?

As Zhan's eyes fell on the notebook, his gaze stilled. With an increased heartbeat he hurriedly coloured the name black . His hand subconsciously wrote the name of the person he was thinking about. How embarrassing. With many distraction knocking on his door, Zhan , after a long time managed to concentrate on his studies.

"Nice."

Yibo's voice sounded as fireworks exploded on the screen. His fingers that were moving simultaneously stopped. He looked at the time on the computer screen. It's already past 11:30.

"Shit" , yibo cursed as he said in the microphone, "I'll be off." Then he quickly logged out of the game. The room is a bit dark. The only source of light came from his computer and Zhan's table lamp. His two other roommates probably returned at some point and they have already gone to sleep.

He stood up and stretched then walked to Zhan's desk. "Zhanzhan ?" He gently called him but got no response . He bent down and leaned in to see Zhan's closed eyes. He was sleeping with his hand still holding a pen and his head resting on his arm.

Yibo shook his head helplessly. Zhan looks really harmless and cute when asleep. He has been weak since childhood. That's one of the reason that troubled Yibo till now and his protective nature only grew by time. When Zhan is asleep when if you poke him here and there,  he will not realise.

So Yibo put the pen aside and picked him up. Then he laid him on his own bed. He then looked at the papers on his own desk and apologised with a bleeding heart.
I'm sorry , I will not slack off again in the future.

With that he himself laid down beside zhan , pulled the quilt and hugged Zhan sideways. In less then half an hour he drifted to deep sleep.

In the morning, Zhan woke up to the alarm of his phone alarm. He stopped the alarm and rubbed his eyes. Then he tired to get up only to realise, he is entangled by an octopus, no , a fourtopus. He turned his face to find himself facing Yibo's neck. His head seems to be on Yibo's arm and one of Yibo's legs were on him.

Zhan took in a deep breath. He freed his hands and covered his face. After 10 minutes of adjusting his expression,  he pushed Yibo, "Yibo get up, you are strangling me!"

"Don't talk." Yibo pulled him even closer.

Zhan gulped and said in a trembling voice, " Let go or I'll bite you."

"Bite me."

Zhan speechlessly closed his eyes. Then he opened his mouth slowly and bit on Yibo's ear. Yibo opened his eyes instantly. He let out a scream , "ahhhh"

He then put his hand on Zhan's jaw as he separated his dear ear and Zhan's mouth. He rubbed his ear and asked, " Zhanzhan , are you a dog?!"

One of their roommate got out of the bathroom in the middle of his shower. He only had a towel on. "What , what happened?"

Before zhan could argue back his eyes got blocked by Yibo's palm. " are you looking for death ?! Quickly return to the bathroom!"

"Tsk, I thought something happened." The roommate said as he returned to the bathroom.

"Let go and get off me. I can't breathe." Zhan's calm voice made yibo turn to him. After making sure that his roommate closed the door of the bathroom did he freed Zhan's eyes.

as soon as he let go, Zhan pushed him which made him fall on the bed with his back. " What are you-"

His eyes widened when he saw Zhan coming to bite him again, "Are you going to bite me to death !?"

"You asked me to bite , why are you being a coward now?"

"Let me tell you, a real man fights with his fist not with his mouth! Zhanzhan , how about having a man to man fight ?"

"If you hit me, we will not be brothers anymore. Either you walk out of the door alive or me."

" That will be too much ah." Yibo sighed. " Alright,  alright,  it's my fault. Don't argue anymore. Get up , get up."

Zhan got off from Yibo with a small disdainful smile. He disdained himself for the impure thoughts he have grown for the other boy who's also his brother,  who cherishes their brotherhood more than anyone.

After the insignificant and childish argument,  they showered one after another and got ready for class. Yibo naturally took Zhan's hand and walked side by side. Zhan tried to take his hands away as if feeling uncomfortable but Yibo held it even tighter.

"What's wrong?"

Zhan shook his head and replied in a small voice, " Nothing."

Why do they have to hold hands ? It makes him misunderstand his intentions more and more. Zhan grabbed the strip of his school bag tighter and fell into a deep thought.