Chapter 8 : today is not april fools

Zhan gave the towel to a nearby servant and went to the table to sit beside Yibo. A middle aged man in casual clothes was sitting on the head of the table.

"Sorry for being late, I fell asleep." Zhan apologised and turned to the old man with a smile, "Dad, How are you doing?"

"You still remember you have a dad ?"

Zhan pouted. This pair of husband and wife loves him very much, sometimes he even forgets that he is an adopted child. Zhan got up from the chair and stood behind the old man's chair. He bent down to hug his neck gently, calling out sweetly, " dad~"

Lisa with a smile looked down and told the servants to serve the food. Yibo on the other hand also looked away. The servants only smiled slightly. They all know what's going to happen next.

"Alright , alright , still a child. Did you dry your hair well? Don't get sick later. Go and eat. Looking at how skinny you have become, you don't eat well, do you? Don't you like the food from the canteen?"

With a ding, the stern facade broke into pieces reveling a nagging and worried old man. Zhan smirked, he just knows how to deal with his old man.

"I eat a lot ! I eat more than you."

Everyone at the table laughed , including the old man Wang.

He ruffled Zhan's already messy hair and told him to sit down. They can talk later. This old man is usually a very strict person. But towards his second son , he can't hold his ground. But towards his own blood related son , he is very strict. Since Yibo is the heir , he will have to learn from his father. So the old Wang, though didn't treat yibo much differently but he has never been such close to yibo since yibo learned to judge.

That night, the family had a good chat. As the night deepened, everyone went to sleep. Zhan slept the whole afternoon. So he was wide awake even around midnight. Until then, he suddenly heard the door of his room unlocking. Zhan felt a chill in his back as he stiffened up.

Who is it at this hour?

The curtain of the massive room is open , letting the glow of moonlight enlighten the space around the bed. The room is actually very spacious, if you connect four of their dorm room together it might be able to be at the size of Zhan's room which is decorated in a royal style.

Zhan with open eyes, looked at the black figure in the shadows. He saw the figure go to his study table and place something there. Then very quietly tip toed to the bed. Zhan bit his lips, who is this ? Who else can it be other than Yibo.

Yibo thought Zhan was sleeping. Indeed , when he peeked at Zhan's face he saw those closed eyes. Yibo sat down on the bed and stared at Zhan's peaceful face. With the moonlight falling on Zhan's face , he looked just like a sleeping Prince.

Yibo couldn't help but reach out to caress Zhan's hair lightly , whispering, "Looks like , you little devil can sleep so peacefully without me. But what should I do without you?"

Then after a long time, he went to lay down behind Zhan and hugged him from behind. He placed a kiss on Zhan's forehead before saying goodnight, " goodnight, little sun."

After feeling Yibo's breath regulate Zhan opened his eyes. He placed his fingers on his forehead where Yibo just kissed. His eyes wide open , his heartbeat speeded up. He felt the familiar scent of the other engulf him.

He didn't know why he got angry today , he usually never fights with Yibo. This time, probably because of anxiety he ended up arguing with Yibo. He knows that he should not have. But he decided to go against his feelings. If he Continues to do these intimate gestures with Yibo , he might even fall harder which isn't good for him. He is rational enough to understand this fact.
He just needs to put a line between him and yibo, he need Yibo to understand that brothers are never this much intimate.

Zhan sighed and waited until his heart calmed down, then closed his eyes to sleep with a whisper that only he could hear, "Good night , little moon."

The next morning , Zhan woke up first. He freed himself from Yibo's clutch as he went to the table to see what Yibo did here last night. He saw that a little white rabbit doll sitting there. He picked it up with a smile and opened the showcase shelf , this whole wardrobe, from top to bottom is full of toys. Most of them are rabbits , all of them were given to him by Yibo.

This habit of Yibo's never changes.

He placed the little rabbit on the lap of a big rabbit. He need to tell yibo that he doesn't play with these now, so he should stop buying toys for him.

Then he went to the bed and kicked Yibo's legs, "Hey, wake up. I'm going back to school alone."

Yibo who was already awake sprang up and pulled Zhan down on the bed, using him as a pillow , he said gleefully, "Who are you trying to fool ? Huh ?"

"You." Zhan almost lost his breath under Yibo's wrestling. "Let go!"

"Nice try but today isn't april fools! We are going back tomorrow! I heard dad mentioning about a banquet."

"I thought you were playing games."

"Nah, I listened to him very clearly! Let's have fun today, zhanzhan."

"Now let go!"

"You need to improve your strength. Come , try again." Yibo didn't let go , instead said to zhan proudly showing of his strength.

"Yibo let go I swear !"

"That's why you need to exercise more!"

Just the door to the room opened and their mother with a surprised expression stood by the door. She was passing by when she heard the yells of her sons. She recalled the event yesterday , they argued. Her heart stopped for a moment thinking that they were fighting. And she opened the door only to meet with a scene of their entangled figure on bed and foolish expression on their faces.

"What are you two doing?" She asked blinking blankly.

Zhan changed his expression to a aggrieved one and said to Lisa, " Mom , he is bullying me."

Yibo looked down at zhan with a gaze that screamed,' you two faced devil!'

Lisa then grabbed yibo by his ear and gave him a fierce lecture. Zhan on the other hand , stood there smiling proudly.

A/n : I wrote this chapter at least a month ago and...didn't expect that I'll publish it on April fools day LOL